Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you visited the galleries of art museums online? This is from a museum in France:

paris-museums-images-10.jpg

The photographer is still well-known but, of course, his work is no longer copyrighted. What I think is especially interesting about this 19th century picture is what was in the building: Some of the great artists of the day, working on their craft! The building looks like it was put together and decorated by a 5 year old 🤓. (you can click on it)

At any rate, some of the artwork that was created inside is probably available at a museum website and for downloading ||.

I did something like that the other day with a picture of Mount Hood. Christmastime was so stormy in and around Portland when we visited there was no view of any mountain. So ... I went home, found a nice photograph, printed it on photographic paper, framed it and hung it on the wall.

I have been through the community of Hood River many times but never driven south, into the valley. The photographer was down in that direction so the opposite side as Portland. It was lovely - maybe better than from Portland's Rose Garden ;). Sure. I believe it was on Wikimedia so had that "open content" designation.

I've downloaded lots of photos and art. Some of those, I print a quote on them and post on TEG.

;) Steve

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
A I , artificial intelligence ... How would you train a computer to interact in social media? Copying and pasting with limited human direction the first several weeks with more and more autonomy? Would the humans on the internet be able to guess this is what is going on or just set that suspicion aside as too unlikely?
Yeah. That would be tough. Although it's already been done. But they refused to release it due to liability issues. What I can't figure is how they dumbed a computer down enough. Most of the stuff on social media anymore!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
When was the last time you vacuumed the PC? The story from those who know about this sort of thing is that if you can't say -- it's been too long!

I have to toss my wireless mouse and had to get an old corded one on this thing. I do use this machine even if the tablet is a more frequent choice but it's been about a year. How might I know that, because ever since I vacuumed under Dad's couch, I haven't used my portable vacuum.

You see, if Peanut the Cat spent the night indoors, as he often did - he slept under Dad's bed. What Dad may not have known was that Peanut had torn the fabric under the boxspring and would climb up there to sleep, inside the boxspring mattress! Meanwhile, if Tabby slept inside, which she must have done at times, Tabby had torn the fabric under one of the couches and slept up there!!!!! I changed the vacuum filter after cleaning under the bed but had not done that after cleaning under the couch.

Difficult to get behind this PC because of all the wires and the limits that I can stretch them out. I think that 3 months would be much better than 12 but have you cleaned behind the PC, including its vents, in the last 12 months?

Steve

funny enough i happened to have gently brushed the inside out last week when i was installing some extra storage. the floor gets dusted apart from that more often, but not too much. i hate stirring up dust, i figure that it collects in places that it does for a reason and i trust that. :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Sorry, my world hasn't shrunk. I still need to take care of my animals, I continue Spring cleaning and throwing away, I still have family for company. I haven't left the property since Friday, so the walls aren't closing me in.
DH FINALLY stopped binging NetFlix!!! :clap:clap:clap
Now that he is staying home---courthouse is closed until April 13th, just appointments for customer bringing in payments--he has rediscovered his new computer and editing and playing "Civilization". Today, he even fixed the wooden drawers sitting for the last two years.
I am such a homebody that I could not leave the property for the next 2 Years, but the jingle jangle of loan signing jobs will catch up to me. Surprisingly, loan signings are considered an "essential" service. I am keeping to our family quarantine until mid April.
DD's prepped my office upstairs and will paint it next weekend. We have all of the supplies already. I went for "Duck Yellowish Orange." Nice and bright.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that DD just gifted us with Netflix.

We watched an Indiana Jones movie yesterday. Saw it somewhere about 30 years ago. Terrifying from start to finish!! (I wonder how @seedcorn feels about living in a state named for a hero of Anthropology?)

I thought that I may not have to do cardio exercise after that movie but no medical professional has ever told me it's okay to replace exercise with a scary movie.

To calm down and rest after I'd walked an Indoor Mile, DW and I watched a documentary on European wildlife. So much like here! They stayed in Romanian forests and I wish that the cameras had ventured out on the plains, as well. Linx, and Wolves, and Bears. Big Bears! I'd have liked to see how the human population integrated into the landscape and a few more songbirds.

To calm down, I went out to the greenhouse. First time outdoors and it was already mid-aftertoon! Monitoring the temperatures, it was a rare moment of sunshine so I had to open vents. Didn't take long to cool; there were wind gusts nearly to 40mph, yesterday. Supposed to be even higher winds today! Some sprinkles of rain but we will soon have a chance of a little snow for every morning this week.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are differences between people. Differences in thinking about things. Differences in expressing these differences in language. Yeah. I'm talking to you!

:) We suspect that if we can get past the accents and some peculiarities of word choice, communication between an American and a British citizen shouldn't be difficult. Consider this.

"A Sight for Sore Eyes" Americans might always be looking forward to it. Not the British. https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/a-sight-for-sore-eyes Opposition meanings!

Some of the British are concerned that English, as used outside of Great Britain, may have harmful influence on the language there. It's been pointed out that both British and American English have been strongly influenced by the languages of other cultures. Something else that has been pointed out is that there are examples from colonial times, stubbornly frozen into American usage that other parts of the English speaking world have moved comfortably away from.

Progress! It can be a Sight for Sore Eyes!

Steve

Latest posts