Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
COVID-19 is named for the year it came about. another name for is is SARS-COV-2. here we just call it "The Crud"...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"So I say to you, walk with the wind, brothers and sisters, and let the spirit of peace and the power of everlasting love be your guide." ~ John Lewis

The hope and promise of democracy, the preacher said.

I watched John Lewis almost all my life. He looked so young. He was so young. I was young. I thought of him as a real person, not just an image on the tv screen.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, this is just Great!

The youth camp "adhered to the measures in Georgia’s Executive Order..." CDC Link

There were 344 campers and staff tested and 76% of those tests were positive. Kids as young as 6.

Only 26% positives reported no symptoms.

CDC: "Children of all ages are susceptible to #SARS-COV-2 infection and, contrary to early reports, might play an important role in transmission"

digitS'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This statistic from the US will put things in perspective and finally settle some misconceptions for some.

Will the US have to wait a year? Two years? It's the end of the 7th month of 2020, why is it that the Europeans can get this information out with the UK looking not so great and the BBC reporting it?

LINK, "excessive deaths" compared to previous year ~ The BBC, established by "Royal Charter" and the oldest broadcasting service in the world ...

CDC says that 2,839,205 people die in the United States each year. Do we want to do the math on matching the 7.5% excessive deaths in the UK? It ain't 150,000.

digitS'

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, this is just Great!

The youth camp "adhered to the measures in Georgia’s Executive Order..." CDC Link

There were 344 campers and staff tested and 76% of those tests were positive. Kids as young as 6.

Only 26% positives reported no symptoms.

CDC: "Children of all ages are susceptible to #SARS-COV-2 infection and, contrary to early reports, might play an important role in transmission"

digitS'

Kids going back to school is going to be something else.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am not sure how many people in our little church have got it. I quit going even before the virus started. Way too small of an area to be enclosed with that many people. I remember in 2010 DH and DD were in the choir and caught pneumonia. Almost the whole choir got pneumonia. Last I knew there were about 20 with COVID-19 and probably more. One said she thought she had a sinus infection and was still going to church and then her husband and granddaughter got it. One woman was still weak and not feeling good weeks after getting it. Another went to the hospital. I think she is out and not sure how she is doing. It was not just old people. There were some in 20s and 30s and their young children.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have a few weeks to get things back under control (where the number of new cases and deaths were declining insted of increasing). if people expect to have their children going back to school any time soon they're going to need to take this a bit more seriously than they have the past month.

it doesn't look like our society is coherent enough (mentally capable and able to get along) to pull it off.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There was an interview on TV the other day with a lady who has been a champion of the disabled for many years. She was this little tiny, now olde, lady.

She said that she was born in 1948 and had polio as a young child. See, that was my world. We didn't have a vaccine for polio. I have already pointed out on this thread how the majority of people who carried the polio virus showed no symptoms.

We now live in a very different world, I suppose. Health information has become very guarded and private in recent years. When information became so easily shared, the immoral people sought to exploit that for monetary gain and had to face some of society's anger.

Laws were put in place to protect privacy. Things were different when I was a kid. I can remember seeing "QUARANTINE" signs beside the front doors of houses!

From my present home, I don't even know the names of people at 100 yards distance, let alone anything about their health. A quarantine sign at their door is unimaginable.

Steve

Latest posts