Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
in the olden days you just brought out your dead and put them on the cart like any one else... (obligatory monty python skit)...

sorry, i'm in a very dark humor mood this morning...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug , ya know what I did yesterday?

I was browsing the internet for pictures and info on cartoons. The Huckleberry Hound show came along just about the time color TV was available. Yogi Bear and BooBoo spun off into prime time! Dixie and Pixie and Mr Jinx. Snaggletooth ... Just young enuf to appreciate them.

Went on to Mr Natural ... ya know, ya gotta keep on truckin!

Steve

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went on to Mr Natural ... ya know, ya gotta keep on truckin!
Funny how Mr Natural never came up on some of those nostalgia threads... that's almost a signpost for a generation. In fact, probably not many outside of (our) generation even know who that is.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny how Mr Natural never came up on some of those nostalgia threads... that's almost a signpost for a generation. In fact, probably not many outside of (our) generation even know who that is.

not familiar with that one at all. for us it was Captain Kangaroo, Loony Tunes Cartoons and others but to me the iconic ones were Rocky and Bullwinkle and Superdog. a bit later it was The Addams family and The Munsters because both of those fit my sense of humor much better. we still watch both of those once in a while. i don't know why but Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and a few of the other shows that were more popular with a lot of kids were either not on in our area or nobody in my family wanted to watch them. it also could have been they were on at a time when we were outside playing. we were often encouraged to go outside and get some fresh air. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wrong!

Beyond elementary school, have you given any thought as to why that isn't spelled - Rong ? It's the Anglo-Saxon heritage to the English language. Many of the "w" sounds at the beginning of words were dropped by about 500 years ago ;). Strangely enough, people writing English 1) continued using the w, 2) dropped the w, and 3) decided to toss w's on the front of words that never had them before!

Here's an example of #3: "rathe” is an Old English word meaning “advice." It became "wrath!"

Ain't people funny ;)

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can hardly believe that masks became such a political bone of contention. If anything "is what it is" - it is that.

Dr. Lee Norman, the secretary of the Kansas Department of Health and Environment: “Some counties have been the control group with no mask and some counties have been the experimental group where masks are worn,” Norman said, “and the experimental group is winning the battle. All of the improvement in the case development comes from those counties wearing masks.”

LINK

Steve

Latest posts