Diy Trash to Treasure redo thread

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know those little carry bags that canvas lawn chairs come in nowadays? Well, we have a full ton of them hanging in our building, as we rarely take our lawn chairs anywhere but down to the fire pit and back. This involves using one of them for another purpose.

I NEED THIS!!!!
How do you 'secure' them in there? Or do they just lay in the sling?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I NEED THIS!!!!
How do you 'secure' them in there? Or do they just lay in the sling?

They all just laid there like tame chickens! Beat all I ever saw. ;) Their weight in the sling sort of pins their wings down and their feet are hanging free, nothing really to kick against, so they just laid there and let me do whatever I wanted....clipped the rooster's nails and spurs, then used the dremel on all the sharp edges and he didn't even move an inch. Usually that is a two person job.

I also removed clumped manure from around vents, removed impacted material from out of foot glands, examined skin for signs of carryon bugs, and oiled all feet and legs with castor oil and not a bird moved or tried to fight any of my doings. This sling is nothing short of miraculous, I tell ya. :D

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am SOOO trying this this weekend!!!! I have several girls who have dirty butts and a roo that is long overdue for a spur trim. I keep putting it off because it's SUCH a circus to try and hold the bird, the scissors and the flashlight.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am SOOO trying this this weekend!!!! I have several girls who have dirty butts and a roo that is long overdue for a spur trim. I keep putting it off because it's SUCH a circus to try and hold the bird, the scissors and the flashlight.

I've always had that same problem, working chickens alone...it's a pain but one manages to get it done, with some measure of struggle on both parties. I'm seriously loving this chicken cradle...did the whole flock in record time and they barely even knew they had been handled, it was over so quick!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
A person could make one of these out of the nylon woven feed sacks pretty easily, if they wanted. Most folks have plenty of those to spare. I'll make a bigger one this time and with the better features.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love that hole in the cap idea. I always have my hair in a pony tail and it keeps pushing my gardening hat up where it almost falls off. Have to really smash that hat down hard which of course then hurts my head. Hmmm...I wonder if I should make a hole on top of that beautiful expensive hat that my daughter gave me last year for Mother's Day? I think so!

Mary

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:D It just needs a cute little trim around the edge of the hole to keep it just as beautiful! Call it blinging it out. Who knows? That may be something you could write the company about and they could come up with a line of gardening hats with a hole out the top. ;)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry ladies idea already in production
upload_2017-3-11_8-27-50.png

Latest posts