Do You Use Your Car To Transport Garden Supplies ?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a Honda CRV 2001 model...it regularly hauls anything I can stuff in it, huge bags of potting soil, huge bags of dog food and chicken feed, hay bales, plants...right now it has three 8ft boards, bought at Lowe's yesterday, slid down between the back seats and extending to the dash so I could close the back hatch...and that's with two carseats in the back seats, which are holding seedling trays as I type this.

Even with all of that, it gets a regular clean out, I keep cling plastic wrapped around all the mats, I keep a shopping bag hooked to the dash for all trash, and rugs in the back to minimize any dirt that may fall off items hauled. I like to keep a neat car, if not always spotless~too hard to do when all the dirty stuff gets hauled in it and then the grandkids, while it's also used for any long trips we make.

Mom likes to keep her truck so clean you could eat off the floors, so she details hers completely around once a week in warm weather and a couple times a month during the winter.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a couple of those tubs but I don't know if they have been in either the car or pickup, except coming home from the hardware store.

Just about anything may be in the pickup bed but it's usually empty. I don't like moving something out so that I can move something in. However, I do that a lot in the house. DW tolerates clutter. That's okay because she is tolerant of my clutter. She's much more inclined to clean up but I'm much more orderly and unwilling to make a mess.

She clutters her side of the car and pickup. I would not be comfortable but she is smaller than I am. I can't keep the vehicles' floorboards clean but the back of the car has nothing in it other than my cane on the floor. Nothing ever goes back there other than a guest or bags from the supermarket. We are both a little fussy about what goes into the kitchen.

Maybe not in shambles and something on wheels cannot quite shamble about. But, our vehicles are in a little disarray and dawdle from here to there, on the border.

;) Steve
seldom drives in an above 50 mph speed zone

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
97AF5FEE-4806-4C06-A6BF-91E53190373C.jpeg

Nope no room for gardening supplies lol.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those we keep our cars very clean, my Tahoe is used to carry gardening supplies and wood. I carry wood chips in large trash can and tree containers, bags of potting soil, tools, chicken feed, large bags of coffee grounds etc. It only get's a little messy when a plant topples over and soil spills out.

Mary

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
right now my car has a few bags of chicken feed being stored away till the ground is firm enough to drive down to the coop, or i haul it all down in the garden wagon. it's become my storage method for the winter/early spring when the weather doesn't cooperate. when not in use for chicken feed storage/transport, the back usually has my re-usable grocery bags all over the place. i keep my back seat folded down most of the time, so the cleanest part of the car is probably my back seat when i have to lift them up for someone to sit back there.

i probably should go out today & do a cleaning, so thank you @Nyboy for reminding me to do this!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am blessed to have a truck, but I sometimes haul bedding and feed in the car trunk or back seat. Pine bedding smells nice, so I don't worry about getting it out in a hurry. I try to unload feed asap and it will sometimes sit in the garage on the back of the truck and wait for me there. DH and I are on a neat freak kick, like after Easter DH said, we should keep the LV, DR and kitchen this clean and nice. I agree.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago, we wanted to hang twinkle-lights over this huge 2-story arch for a wedding reception.
westover stable.jpg
We decided the easiest way was to get a few LONG lengths of flexible PVC, attach the light strings and stand it up in the arch. So a quick trip to the big box hardware store and we were on our way home with a PVC hulahoop around the car - me holding one side up out one window and hubby holding the other side up out the other window.
:gig

Latest posts