Do You Use Your Car To Transport Garden Supplies ?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
right now my car has a few bags of chicken feed being stored away till the ground is firm enough to drive down to the coop, or i haul it all down in the garden wagon. it's become my storage method for the winter/early spring when the weather doesn't cooperate. when not in use for chicken feed storage/transport, the back usually has my re-usable grocery bags all over the place. i keep my back seat folded down most of the time, so the cleanest part of the car is probably my back seat when i have to lift them up for someone to sit back there.

i probably should go out today & do a cleaning, so thank you @Nyboy for reminding me to do this!

A couple of months ago I arrived at the feed store and when I opened the back of the blazer so the warehouse guy could load my feed, I discovered that I still had 2 bags of chicken feed that I had never unloaded from the last trip... so embarrassing.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
A couple of months ago I arrived at the feed store and when I opened the back of the blazer so the warehouse guy could load my feed, I discovered that I still had 2 bags of chicken feed that I had never unloaded from the last trip... so embarrassing.
Didn't you smell it? Lol. Once I bought feed up by our cabin to bring home. Never again, it stunk all the way home. Now I do love to carry bags of coffee grounds. Boy do those smell good.

Mary

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My van is always a mess. Its the cleanest vehicle I've kept honestly though. 3 kids, plus a dog, and all my projects? Its no show room model. Especially because I have stow and go seats so they fold into the floor giving me a lot of room very quickly.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a pellet from Bartlett Mills - almost no odor. I've picked some up from Tractor Supply (Nutrinia I think??) that REEKED!!!
@ninnymary, you mean coffee grounds for composting?? Or for brewing coffee??
For composting. I can get all I want from Starbucks and another local coffee chain.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My van is always a mess. Its the cleanest vehicle I've kept honestly though. 3 kids, plus a dog, and all my projects? Its no show room model. Especially because I have stow and go seats so they fold into the floor giving me a lot of room very quickly.
YEP, love the stow 'n go seats in my Grand Caravan. Almost always down. Works great for putting MIL's walker in. Chairs to bring home for new cane seats. Yard sale finds. Feed and lumber yard stops and Grandson's booster seats. I always have my empty bottles for return, reusable grocery bags and a box of stuff to drop at good will in the back. ;)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a truck so I guess that doesn't count ;).
For the past 14 years I drove a little base model Tacoma, then last May we bought a Tundra with a crewcab and four wheel drive. At last.
It's the same year and mileage as the 'Coma, but pristine inside and a well kept exterior.

The little truck cab was sized for dainty people and really only had room for me and my (small) purse and workbag.
It got interesting when one of my sons would work with me and had to fold up like a jack knife to fit in, haha.
The Tundra has a big back seat made for actual humans. I love that. Holds all my groceries, so no more cramming everything in a tiny cab when the weathers nasty.
Anyway, I keep my "new" truck spotless. It's also my office so I like it to be clean and shiny when parked in a clients driveway.

Latest posts