Dreams and their Meaning

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had some bizarre ones the other morning with the storms coming through. I remember the weather being crazy and that I was in a city I e never seen before but not much else. It felt like being in a sci-fi movie. I do remember that the details of everything around me were almost unnaturally vivid.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe because I posted that silly (right on) picture about missing the school bus ...

... I dreamt that I showed up in a classroom and there was an assignment due. It had to do with writing a few sentence responses to about 20 questions. I had done nothing. The prof showed up a few minutes late. Late enuf for me to realise that my notebook was an mess of upside down handouts and blank pages.

We were asked to pass our work to the end of the rows. Now, I'm thinking - should I get up, walk out the door going straight to the registrar to drop this class? Or, sit here like a doofus listening to this boring guy lecture us on something about which I know nothing and couldn't care less about? Felt like Mr. Bean.

Steve

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I regularly dream about getting locked in or nearly getting locked in the library at night. I also have another dream about the library which is similar of not being able to find the book sections I normal look in or a specific book I’m looking for. Often the two dreams go together and the locked in part of the dream happens because I’ve spent to long hunting for a book. The library itself is always the same but looks nothing like any of the libraries I’ve been in. I’ve probably had some version of this dream about 6 times since last summer.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I regularly dream about getting locked in or nearly getting locked in the library at night. I also have another dream about the library which is similar of not being able to find the book sections I normal look in or a specific book I’m looking for. Often the two dreams go together and the locked in part of the dream happens because I’ve spent to long hunting for a book. The library itself is always the same but looks nothing like any of the libraries I’ve been in. I’ve probably had some version of this dream about 6 times since last summer.

i would not consider it a nightmare to be locked in a library. searching for a book and not finding it would probably eventually wake me up from the frustration.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i used to work part-time as a librarian and have also spent many hours in libraries as a kid (my Mom started the township library and also set up the church library, plus we also regularly visited the main Saginaw library because i'd run out of things to read that interested me). my favorite book for a while was a book called _The Mouse and the Motorcycle_ haha, now that brings back some memories... :)

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i used to work part-time as a librarian and have also spent many hours in libraries as a kid (my Mom started the township library and also set up the church library, plus we also regularly visited the main Saginaw library because i'd run out of things to read that interested me). my favorite book for a while was a book called _The Mouse and the Motorcycle_ haha, now that brings back some memories... :)
Being a librarian would be a dream job for me. I’ve always loved books and organizing things.
I remember reading The mouse and the motorcycle in fact I may still have a copy around here somewhere.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't remember much.

My dream a couple of weeks ago
I was in a car with someone (that died years ago) and we were looking for some place or another. I really don't like this person and it seemed we were they for hours just riding around . I wanted too get away from this person but was stuck with him for what seemed like ages.

That's the third dream I've had about him this year :th

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I awaken thinking of lyrics, now and then. That happened overnight, yesterday.

It was such a dreary day, yesterday, that I couldn't bring myself to post it on the Song or Poem thread. It wasn't summing up how I felt.

In fact, the song was written with young people in mind so how was that to apply to me? Still, the lyrics fit with a gardener's spring outlook without distorting them and I hope that they represent how we all feel, more and more, as the season progresses :).

🎵 We've only just begun ...

Before the risin' sun, we fly
So many roads to choose
We'll start out walkin' and learn to run
And yes, we've just begun ...

Sharing horizons that are new to us
Watching the signs along the way ...

And when the evening comes, we smile
So much of life ahead
We'll find a place where there's room to grow
And yes, we've just begun ...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i woke up and peed then went back to sleep. as i was waking up the next time i distinctly heard Mom say she was going for a walk so i yelled "Ok" so she knew that i heard her. she asked me why i said ok. she hadn't said anything about going for a walk. there was something else i dreamed about earlier but i forgot what that was about.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i woke up and peed then went back to sleep. as i was waking up the next time i distinctly heard Mom say she was going for a walk so i yelled "Ok" so she knew that i heard her. she asked me why i said ok. she hadn't said anything about going for a walk. there was something else i dreamed about earlier but i forgot what that was about.
:gig

Latest posts