Ducks4you for 2022

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
The actress who played "Yvonne" fled France shortly before WWII (or, maybe during :hu ) Regardless, she was an American refugee. Singing the Marsailles was her statement of patriotism.
She had strength, as well as the female guitarist in the cafe AND the young Bulgerian bride willing to trade herself to Renault to get herself and husband out of Casablanca.
Ilsa pales by comparison. When she brings pistol and aims at Rick, she ends up melting, and complaining that she can't leave him again.
Really?!?!?
First time you wrote a goodbye letter.
Then, she is pretty Happy to leave on the plane at the end with Lazlo.
ANYWAY, I hope that you see this film and don't believe the old trailers that sell it wrong.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel like Johnny Appleseed. Maybe call me, "Duck Pumpkinseed."
When DD's saved their pumpkin seeds for me, I fermented them, then dug a hole under one of my fencelines and covered with used stall bedding. That was in December.
I have also buried 2021 pumpkins that were rotting in 3 garden beds.
I am Pretty sure that I will have sprouting this year, since they are all enduring stratification from the cold.
Should be fun to watch the sprouting.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
more...
Some of the flowers that are suited to attracting bees in the garden that you can add include:

• borage
  • cornflowers
  • chives
  • dill
  • lavender
  • lemonbalm
  • rosemary
  • sage
  • sunflowers
  • zinnia

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
more...
Some of the flowers that are suited to attracting bees in the garden that you can add include:

• borage
  • cornflowers
  • chives
  • dill
  • lavender
  • lemonbalm
  • rosemary
  • sage
  • sunflowers
  • zinnia
I grew borage last year and it was a bee magnet! Only problem was that they hung out at the borage and pretty much ignored the winter squash (except for the bumble bees).

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I'll grow the chives in a pot. I understand they are invasive! 😱
Mine were not what I'd call invasive. They'd form a clump and that clump would keep expanding. When that clump got too big I'd use a shovel and cut it back to manageable size or just take a few bulbs and start a new clump while taking the old one out. It did not go in the compost, I disposed of it so it could not come back.

I never let mine go to seed either. I'd use some of the flowers (scapes) for salads or just raw eating but before they went to seed I'd cut them off and dispose of them to keep the chives growing green stalks. They took some management but were pretty easy.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts