El nino, weird or what?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You made that!?

Now, I'm too intimidated to use the one someone captured for local media.

IMG_20151231_203435_kindlephoto-217694383.jpg
digitS'

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today I brought the olive trees in from the greenhouse. In previous years I had to close the greenhouse in early November; this year I was able to use the greenhouse from April until today, January second. The forecast is for colder temperatures in the upcoming days, so I decided it was more cost effective to use the lights rather than heat the greenhouse all night. As I am using part of my hydroponic growing area, I will not be able to grow beet greens or chard until the greenhouse is open again. It should be interesting to see what the extended period in the greenhouse does to the olive trees, as some of them are not yet dormant.

1216.jpg
12162.jpg

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Very nice mosaic, buckabucka! That's something I'd never thought to do. What do you have it on? In a frame, on a tile, or what?

It is on a 6" square plywood panel. There is a little gallery that had a fundraiser. Anyone could come in and take up to 3 plywood panels and create any kind of artwork on them. All would be sold for $45 (artists got $20 of that). I made 2, and DH got in on it and made one also. All three sold. It was really fun to see all the different things people did with the panels for the show! I painted mod-podge over mine to give it some gloss.

Here's a photo you can click on to see it larger (I think):
image.jpeg

DH made an egg in a cage!
image.jpeg

I'm not so fond of my other one, -a little village skyline made with corks, but someone who had just visited Sterling Winery saw that name on there and thought it was perfect!
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 172

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He called his sculpture "John Cage's Egg". John Cage is a minimalist composer. He thought of the egg as a minimalist chicken, and the cage, well, it was John Cage's egg.

Originally, I had the piece of expanded metal that I was going to screw down flat on the plywood panel, after welding something onto it. But what? As I was showing it to DH, wondering what to do, he had this idea, so I handed it over!

Latest posts