El nino, weird or what?

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath while waiting for the Superman outfit Mary, the Polar Plunge was enough. :D

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha, well at least I like your shoes.

Mary
They have a funny story attached. Theresa bought them for me and I never opened the box for about six months. I used them for the first time a few months ago, putting them on before we went shopping at Aldi's. I was waiting by the check out counter for her and she said: You have two different colored shoes on." Sure enough, one was brown, the other tan. She had never checked the box when she bought them, so she was VERY upset. Not to worry, I bought cordovan shoe polish and used it on both shoes. They don't really match, but they sure look better than they did.
jackb

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well now I have to go back and check on that picture. They look pretty close to me. Moral of the story is open your gifts asap.

Mary

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@jackb , I always enjoy going out to the hoop house on cold and sunny winter days. It may not be more than 45, but between the contrast in temperatures and seeing a bunch of green plants, it feels like paradise.

Funny about the shoes! I'm not sure why the color has to match anyway. Maybe you two (whoever the other guy is) will start a new trend. I feel the same way about stains. Someone will say, "oh, my nice sweater is ruined!" I usually do my best to remove a stain, and then I just wear the clothes again. Nothing wrong with the function of the clothing. I teach art to little ones though, so most days involve a new stain. I consider them to be battle scars, much like my graying hair!

Latest posts