Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
quail run or frame for hoop house.
I did use PVC pipe to build the roof of the quail run this morning, but the 20mm ones are enough. I believe the quails will enjoy their living here from now on. :D

8841.jpg

8824.jpg

8822.jpg

The 50mm pipes are used to store artificial flowers. I am making the pantry here also a "forever-young" flower stand. My FIL loves flowers; however, he used to turn the heaters in every room to the maximum now. The real flowers usually can't stand such a warm condition and just fade in a few days.

8680_0.jpg

8681_0.jpg

I will finish this later today and share the final result.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
You have many artistic talents. The food you prepare, even for chickens, cats and dogs, looks like magazine pictures of a chef's design. I love the silk flower idea and yes, you are handy! Your FIL's kitchen is simply beautiful and I know he is delighted. God's blessings on you.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You have many artistic talents. The food you prepare, even for chickens, cats and dogs, looks like magazine pictures of a chef's design. I love the silk flower idea and yes, you are handy! Your FIL's kitchen is simply beautiful and I know he is delighted. God's blessings on you.
Thanks, Bay; so you called those artificial ones "silk flowers"? I have learned something new from you today yay.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bacon and cabbage, scrambled eggs, pan-fried sausage - a successful combination for him again
9169.jpg

The laundry room in my FIL's house is also near the end of the renovation. After all the trash was collected, it still looked dirty and spooky - in other words, I am not willing to stay in such a space for more than 1 minute.
9162_0.jpg

Two weeks later, it's transforming every day.
9152.jpg

I divided it into two areas - (A) laundry area in Beige and (B) small, open pantry area in Green - the effect is quite satisfying. A small corner (with a mirror) will become the family hair salon.
9151.jpg

I spent 2-3 hours daily when I stayed here, so most of the painting was done by me. Next week I will take care of the skirting board and paint a gold Mandala on the wall. This room should be fully done by the end of Feb.

The old PVC sealings in the kitchen are also removed and thoroughly cleaned. The horrible scenes are gone, and now everywhere is clean and shiny.

9159.jpg

I am happy with all the efforts and outcomes - I never thought I could make such a transformation happen.

Spring is coming, and let's have spring-style fried rice!
9167.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today is again a "fruitful" day! The real fruits are oranges, and we all enjoyed fresh orange juice.
9435.jpg

Orange juice and herb tea
9440.jpg

My FIL has a good mood and appetite today, but he really needs a haircut.
9567.jpg

So I kept working and improving my handyman skills. :lol:
9566.jpg

The green area in the laundry room is again divided into two corners - one as an open pantry and the other as a family hair salon. :love

Open pantry area
9445.jpg

Hair salon area :p
9539.jpg

I didn't cut his hair for at least two months. How can it grow so quickly!
9540.jpg

My husband took care of the shaving, and I cut his hair. At the moment, my FIL looked a bit like a sheep, waiting to get rid of unnecessary hairs.

In the process...
9541.jpg

Horray~he is 500% handsome now!
9543.jpg

The laundry area was also done. I used three IKEA items to replace the original washing lines.
9565.jpg

I am still waiting for the skirting boards and a few posters, but till now, everything in this space makes me smile. It finally becomes a place where I am willing to stay for chores.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Eventually, eggs are still one of the best carriers for a nutritious diet. My hens are recovering from the annual molting and gradually start laying again. I am so happy to see how pretty their new feathers are.
9808.jpg

Today's Lunch is a kind of Frittata, improvising style. I have potatoes, carrots, and zucchini, enough to make a tasty one.
9781.jpg

Nothing fancy; it just needs some patience to slowly pan-fry the ingredients till soft.
9782.jpg

After adding the egg mixture to the veggies and cheese on the top, the pre-heated oven took care of the rest of the work. Watching the process of baking and coloring is a pleasure itself.
9803.jpg

Easy to eat and digest
9804.jpg

The other dish is brussel sprout and bacon.
9805.jpg

Today's private chef mission is complete and successful. :D
9812.jpg

The laundry room here starts to function, and I enjoy working inside.
9807.jpg

9755.jpg

Among the circle of control, influence, and concern, I wish I would keep my energy focused on the right tracks most of the time.

9809.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This Saturday started with a breakfast made with tasty flower sprouts (Kale X Brussel sprouts) and eggs, coffee, and some apples.
9919.jpg

The flower sprouts are candy for the eyes and full of flavor. They need nets to keep pests away in the summer and early autumn, but after October, they need no further care and will keep producing these lovely and delicious sprouts along the winter. I planted eight last summer and would like to have at least 20 this year.
9916.jpg

9918.jpg

Then, as the weather was bright and good, I decided to harvest two roosters. It was done smoothly with the broomstick method and directly skinning instead of plucking.

The roosters are not meat breeds, but they are absolutely healthy and offered us a lot of fresh meat/organs.
9871.jpg

The skin, feather, and the rest are buried in the hole we dug earlier in the garden to plant a winter-flowering cherry. Nothing is wasted, and we appreciate their contribution.
9928.jpg

The only rooster we kept is Odin, and he is now sent to our first flock. Hopefully, he will have his life here happily with those ladies.

9929.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today's Menu: Fish in Blanket, Mixed veggies and Tortellini, purple cabbage, mixed fruits
10304.jpg

Fish, cheese in the blanket (egg + carrots)
10089.jpg

colorful fruits, perfect to serve with yogurt or ice cream
10303.jpg

The renovation of the laundry room is now completed. I added one IKEA 3 spotlight (TROSS), cheap and effective - just perfect for the dark green area
10307.jpg

10288.jpg

Next Project: The veranda area that connects the living room and garden
10291.jpg

Spring is not too far away.
10295.jpg

The veggies I planted in my old raised bed are growing.
10296.jpg

Latest posts