Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Raining the whole day till now...so, baking time!

Craneberry dinner rolls
7637.jpg

A Pullman Loaf and two small cheese bacon buns
7643.jpg

9630.jpg

From September to May, I make some sauces and jam for friends. Today is the Rose and Pear jam~
9631.jpg

Done!
7629.jpg

My FIL is quite okay, and we also prepare some snacks he loves (now in Germany, all supermarkets already start selling Christmas cookies and cakes - his favorites.)
9632.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Phaedra Geiermann , do you pressure can? I have pressured canned chili, not tried straight meat yet, but lots of people post videos on it. You can store for months/years.

No, I don't. I just found a nice pressure canner from Switzerland recently. Pressure canning and using a sewing machine are my top 2 tasks in 2023! :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So soon, it's the season for Brussel sprouts again! The ones in my garden are still young, but they are already available in the stores.

Brussel sprout is one of my favorite vegetables in autumn/winter. It's funny that every month, there is always something you can expect. October, ginger and Brussel sprouts; November, Fuji apples and homegrown Chinese cabbage; December, Koren Nashi, and homegrown flower sprouts.

The outer and bottom parts belong to our hens. I always use a blender to process them, apples and carrots - and then mix them with the commercial feeds.
9678.jpg

I harvested potatoes I planted in July - those just sat on the soil and were covered with mulch. They grew well but were much easier to get damaged by pests. I cooked the potato, skins, and whatever was too small in size (beetroots, potatoes, sweet potatoes) and used them for food ingredients for dogs' and hens' food.

So, in fact, we (human, chicken, cat, dog, quail) share a lot of goodies. This is the meal for Bobo and Momo today.
9677.jpg

And I made some tomato rice~just cook tomatoes and a bit of bacon with rice.
9679.jpg

DH's lunch box for tomorrow~
9673.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH and I are cleaning the house in Cologne today. The family decides to sell it, so the real estate agent will start their work next week.

We are also selling, gifting, and bringing back things.

It would be a lie if I said I had no sentimental attachment to this place.
Life goes on, no matter what.
9917_0.jpg

But, it's still something to remember: I did my best in the past ten months - even though it's a short time, I tried whatever I could. I am sure that I did have the magic power to bring life and joy to make a building home.
9939_0.jpg

9937_0.jpg

I read some paragraphs of "Queenhood" from a friend when we talked about why we should treasure every moment we have.

Jewelledwith history, dense with glory – both owned and loaned at the same time

The new chapters are waiting.

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have a mixed memory where I opened my big mouth and was embarrassed, BUT, I went to a local's home and there was evidence that the owner had been a BIG TIME Big Game African/Alaskan hunter, like elephant ivory tusks the meet you at the entrance.
This guy will probably be there for awhile, but when he goes, I wonder what will happen to Those souveniers?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a mixed memory where I opened my big mouth and was embarrassed, BUT, I went to a local's home and there was evidence that the owner had been a BIG TIME Big Game African/Alaskan hunter, like elephant ivory tusks the meet you at the entrance.
This guy will probably be there for awhile, but when he goes, I wonder what will happen to Those souveniers?
Garage sale

Latest posts