Fires in the West

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I shower 2x sometimes 3x a day. A few times I overslept did not shower before work felt gross all day. Sorry 2 weeks is way to long between showers:sick:sick:sick

Yes it is! But it's not why he took the job, haha.

I'm real proud of my kids, they're so great to be around. Kid#1 hated hiking when he was a kid and dh and I took them on "death marches" (their words), and now he not only hikes but does it with a 50+# pack up vertical slopes and fights wild fires at the same time. I couldn't have predicted that.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
statistics from?

And if I gave you references and stats you wouldn't believe them because it's not data that the Sierra Club or EarthFirst and the like are putting out.

I don't feel responsible to educate you or inform you of the facts on this side. They are there. I'm satisfied in my own conscience of what's really going on but being squelched by politics.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
And if I gave you references and stats you wouldn't believe them because it's not data that the Sierra Club or EarthFirst and the like are putting out.

I don't feel responsible to educate you or inform you of the facts on this side. They are there. I'm satisfied in my own conscience of what's really going on but being squelched by politics.

ok...

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I shower 2x sometimes 3x a day. A few times I overslept did not shower before work felt gross all day. Sorry 2 weeks is way to long between showers:sick:sick:sick
Wasn’t following thread thoughts as it zigged and zagged. My bad. Surprised U have any skin oils left. Former job with swine, had to shower in, wanted to shower out-as if smell didn’t stay-wonder I got a city girl to not only date me but marry me.... some days up to 6 showers.....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes it is! But it's not why he took the job, haha.

I'm real proud of my kids, they're so great to be around. Kid#1 hated hiking when he was a kid and dh and I took them on "death marches" (their words), and now he not only hikes but does it with a 50+# pack up vertical slopes and fights wild fires at the same time. I couldn't have predicted that.
You should be proud !!!!!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasn’t following thread thoughts as it zigged and zagged. My bad. Surprised U have any skin oils left. Former job with swine, had to shower in, wanted to shower out-as if smell didn’t stay-wonder I got a city girl to not only date me but marry me.... some days up to 6 showers.....
Key is in mild soaps, I am always tiring new ones

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm sure the firefighters would like a daily shower. There are showers on a semi, but the crew are not provided any toiletries. So the community has been providing them - shampoo, conditioner, razors, shower gel, creams, soaps, nail trimmers, combs, and the like. They have been so grateful! Dollar General in town has been restocking as fast as they can, but sometimes are out of the basics for the 100's that are here.

Latest posts