Garden on the forest edge.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Larisa, thanks for the view into your garden, just lovely!

Pusatilla is a favorite of mine, another common name for it is Old Mans Whiskers which reminds me of dh, (don't tell him I said so ).
And I love Trollius too, one of mine got swallowed by a peony for a few years and I thought it had died out, but rediscovered it one day when I was crawling around in that bed and rescued it.

I have so many of the same perennials in my garden as you do, it's fun to see that!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your garden with us. Like thistle said it is funny how many of the same plants we share. I love hearing about other cultures folklore, very interesting about Pulsatilla and dreams. Any other Russian folklore? Here we say "a apple a day keeps the Doctor away".

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Лариса , вы находитесь в России ? Я не был подстрекать , чтобы посмотреть видео . Расскажите нам немного больше. спасибо

What I see I like, can't see the video.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words!
The garden is located in Russia, 86 miles from Moscow to the south. If the road without cars, we're going for 2 hours, if a lot of car - 4 ...
I'll tell you a little more about the mystical plants that grow with us. Our folklore.
Carduus
Carduus_acanth.jpg

It grows around the house like a weed. A lot of thorns.
"frightening devils." Flowers should be dry and keep the house. "A frightening devils' drive away evil spirits and all evil. It looks like a pumpkin on Halloween.

Lýthrum salicária
IMG_0676.JPG

Weeping -grass. Cross from the root and protects against evil. If children do not sleep - put over his head. Weeping-grass helps to look for treasure and protect against evil spirits in the marshes.
I did not plant, growing in my garden itself.

Núphar lútea
641467.jpg

It grows in the river not far from the house.
For the family, for love, for protection.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In late May, the rhododendrons bloom.
IMG_7832.JPG

They need acidic soil, low PH. It is necessary to mix the old pine needles, peat and sand. Yama need not deep, but wide.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am daydreaming of spring now after looking through all of your colorful pictures. It made for a really nice mental vacation!
flower-pink-smiley-emoticon-animation.gif

Latest posts