Garden on the forest edge.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I plant a few potatoes. I have little time to dig in late May. Therefore, in the fall we collect straw. Part I lay on the ground, the other part is removed under the canopy. In the spring laid out potatoes with sprouts. Adding ash and husks from onions. I close with straw from the shed. It should be watered. In the summer I collect weeds. They must be put on top of the potatoes. If little grass, potatoes can turn green. But it is growing. If you put bucket - can collect the bag.
IMG_1306.JPG

July
IMG_0945.JPG

end of August
IMG_1283.JPG

IMG_1033.JPG

September
IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

Other vegetables I plant in the ground usually.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great looking carrot and nice potatoes. Have you ever heard of growing potatoes in baskets, tires, or 'boxes'? Supposedly, one can grow a lot of potatoes in a 4 x 4 space if you put one box or tire on top of another as the potatoes grow.

I haven't tried it myself as I have plenty of room to plant anything I want to.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I did not grow. But others have grown in boxes and bags. Something like this.
303176_38855nothumb650.jpg
tire - not. They are not environmentally friendly. In Belarus, banned in urban gardens even for flowers.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's it exactly! I've seen them grown in bags and in wooden boxes. One year I tried growing them caged in the garden. That's when I found that not all varieties of potatoes will set new roots along the stem. Most will, but of course, I chose Yukon Gold for my first effort and they don't grow that way successfully.

I have even seen big city parking lots lined with burlap bags filled with soil and veggies growing out of them.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In our climate is better to grow tomatoes in a greenhouse. In August, the cold nights and the dew. This brings the disease tomatoes in the garden. Greenhouse protects them. I bought so many seeds of different selection. I ranwith them as a chicken with egg. I plant them, but I did not like the result. If they are not sick, it has low palatability. And suddenly, in the supermarket, I bought fresh cherry tomatoes. The taste amazing! I took the seeds and planted them. They are the best tomatoes now for me.
IMG_9142.JPG

IMG_9208.JPG

IMG_9143.JPG