Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Digger, I love those! Can you describe the hoop over the garden and what it does and how you use it? Was it for frost protection or is it supporting something? I love the towers and trellises and how thick and lush it all looks!

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All of your gardens look wonderful! I love how different they all look. Desertlady...really???? In my opinion, what you are doing there is a miracle! My head is having a hard time wraping around the vegetation and the sand. Great job! Petey, did you ever do your cattle panel arbor? If so how is it looking? Love the galvanized throths you have used for planters. Perfect! RidgebackRanch, so neat and tidy! I love your organization and thought that went into your garden. Digger, even through that foggy morning, you can see how productive your garden is for you. :thumbsup

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
How does everything grow in sand??? Is it rich in nutrients, or do you have to add all nutrients?
desertlady said:

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
here is one arch...the silverlace is starting to cover it. The other one won't look good for a year or two because the trumpet vine grows a lot slower. I will probably put an annual on it next year, like morning glories or something to fill in.

P1010001-1.jpg

and the veggies are starting to take off finally

P1010003.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice arches-Going to show it to my husband. What a nice entrance to a garden. Is that just fencing? Does it hold up well to heavy plants? I would love to see luffa or cukes hanging from them in my garden!
Cathy
peteyfoozer said:
here is one arch...the silverlace is starting to cover it. The other one won't look good for a year or two because the trumpet vine grows a lot slower. I will probably put an annual on it next year, like morning glories or something to fill in.

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/peteyfoozer/P1010001-1.jpg

and the veggies are starting to take off finally

http://i1010.photobucket.com/albums/af228/peteyfoozer/P1010003.jpg

raabfarm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
8866_003.jpg
Sunflowers dry beans corn in the south 1/2 of the garden

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Catjac, the arches are 16' cattle panels. They are about $20. I think next year I will cover the whole 'walkway' thru the veggie garden with them and grow my peas and beans and all that on them. It should save a lot of space, make for easy picking and give me a bit more shade :thumbsup

raabfarm

Leafing Out
Reaction score
8866_006.jpg

8 pm looking across the water tank and tiger lillies onto the north half of the garden.

Latest posts