Gardening Intervention

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So we decided to transplant because the plants were rapidly outgrowing the pods, the root systems are just amazing. We only transplanted half of our seedlings, and that is already over 100 plants.

This was the seed pods after 7 days...The zuc's, pickles, and cukes already over 2 inches....Gotta love the So. Cal. weather.

The yellow squash literally grows right before your eyes...

Cucumbers, Armenian Cukes, and Zucchini Bread plants.

Each one of these pods has 3 or 4 tomato plants....

All the empty pods contain Habanero seeds..... quite possibly the slowest germinating plants I have ever started.
old.gif

So that is what we did today.....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I try to keep my diet simple. The continuing advice by nutritionists to eat more fruits and vegetables, I have taken that seriously. Gardening pushes me in a good direction.

I do have likes and dislikes. I like to grow summer squash but never cared much for eating it. I can remember the flavor of rutabagas - it prompts not the slightest interest in seeing them on my dinner plate.

I have plans to grow Russian kale this year. Whereas, other kales are in the same Brassica family as cabbage, Russian kale is a Brassica napus. It is a rutabaga! I like kale and I am looking forward to eating the leaves. I have no plans for eating the roots.

Steve

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Look'n good hosspak! Habaneros were real slow for me too, and a snail's pace at growing too. Now there's a reason to grow zukes, I have friends that bake!:D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
A belated hello from me! :frow I must have been out shoveling and did not get in to say :welcome. Already you fit right in, reading the posts it feels like you have been with us for years! :D Looking forward to watching you garden grow. Is the helper in one of your early posts a child or grandchild?

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
A belated hello from me! :frow I must have been out shoveling and did not get in to say :welcome. Already you fit right in, reading the posts it feels like you have been with us for years! :D Looking forward to watching you garden grow. Is the helper in one of your early posts a child or grandchild?

She is one of my Grandchildren (12) she loves to help (get dirty) in the garden as well as the chickens. Thank you for the warm welcome.

hosspak

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Look'n good hosspak! Habaneros were real slow for me too, and a snail's pace at growing too. Now there's a reason to grow zukes, I have friends that bake!:D

We still have a few hundred in the freezer from 2 years ago (all from one plant) and we have already used half of what we harvested. I don't really know why I started 5 plants, lol. We have hundreds of Serranos, tabasco, and Anaheims in the freezer as well. We make our own hot sauce, pepper jellies, Tabasco sauce, spaghetti sauce, and mixed berry jellies.