Grandparent bragging

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Granddaughter, born to my DD when she was only 19. But what a wonderful young 12 year old she is, inspite of her mom. She's kind, compassionate, very tall (basketball team and hopefully a scholarship), and loves her Grammy and all sorts of animals.

OwI9KjO.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My Granddaughter, born to my DD when she was only 19. But what a wonderful young 12 year old she is, inspite of her mom. She's kind, compassionate, very tall (basketball team and hopefully a scholarship), and loves her Grammy and all sorts of animals.

OwI9KjO.jpg

just to see smiling teenager is great. :)

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy : I was trying to explain to Miss S about scholarships and how it would be the only way she would be able to go to College. At 12, she's set on Oregon State, the beavers. But we all know by 17, the field of choices will be larger.

May I have some details about girls basketball scholarships that I can slowly plant in her brain? To keep her interested?

Grandpa went out and bought a ball and a hoop and fashioned a backboard for the girl while she was here for a week. I hope to have her back to play again!

0VbC6fb.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy : I was trying to explain to Miss S about scholarships and how it would be the only way she would be able to go to College. At 12, she's set on Oregon State, the beavers. But we all know by 17, the field of choices will be larger.

May I have some details about girls basketball scholarships that I can slowly plant in her brain? To keep her interested?

Grandpa went out and bought a ball and a hoop and fashioned a backboard for the girl while she was here for a week. I hope to have her back to play again!

0VbC6fb.jpg
There are many ways to go to college that do not involve getting an athletic scholarship. Starting off at an inexpensive community college for the first 2 years will save a ton of money. It can be spread out over several years also so that the financial hit be less burdensome. Student loans may be a burden, but I have 3 college grads with 3 great careers for my 3 kids. Every parent thinks their kid is the best player in the country. She should be playing daily with older and better players in order for her to achieve that goal. Raw talent is not enough.

Latest posts