Holiday Weekend Anyone Having BBQ ?

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are weather permitting. In fact I spent a good portion of yesterday combing the local branch of Home Goods for potential barbecue sauces (between Dads diabetes, mom dislike of overly sweet things, my inability to deal with any but the lowest levels of heat and my sister, finding a sauce or mix of sauces to satisfy all of us is no small order) Based on what I was able to cull, it looks like our best option is to marinate our meat in the shiitake mushroom steak sauce (as a mostly demi glace soy mix, it's too thin to brush over) then seal it with a bushing of a little of the black pepper burbon sauce (nice opener, but a fire kick like a furnace) mixed with a LOT of caraway fennel ketchup (another HG find basically tastes like complex tomato sauce)

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
I learned a almost no work way to BBQ. Place all food to be cooked on table next to BBQ. On other side of BBQ place a ice chest filled with beer. Light grill walk away, come back later, find 3 guys standing around grill cooking.
Seriously laughed out loud!! That was too funny & yes that's a great plan, wonder if it will work for me as well! Hahaha

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
NOT HERE! Perhaps there are families in South-est, central-est Wisconsin where the men step up to the grill, but in my world it's a non-starter. Guess I'll have to teach Maverick to be the grill-meister.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do the grilling here, too. DH tends to play with the meat, flipping it too much, etc.
That's my wife. Between flipping, poking and squashing.......then cooks it to leather because she forgot about it.

Latest posts