ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
image.jpeg
Saw this and thought of you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Awww..... those puppies are just too darn cute! Love them! I have big dogs, but if I ever feel the need for a cuddly house dog, I sure would have to look at this breed real close!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He has and they are exceptional!

AGREE 100%

Might do a beer can bird on the smoker not sure though. Might just marinate some boneless pork chops.

@Pulsegleaner try serving the sauce on the side. I do that with my pulled pork, and sometimes chicken pieces. Grill them up and let people dip them in whatever sauce they want. Helps keep the peace if you have a lot of varied tastes. Plus I've noticed it helps the leftovers keep and reheat better.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
We do serve some on the side, but with no coating at all the meat just tends to taste of char. Same reason we can't just go for an oil rub like we would indoors, you need something with sugar to keep the meat from tasting like the charcoal. (and before you as, no, we are not switching over to a gas grill any time in the foreseeable future)

This time went so so. The heat did take some of the sting out of the top coat (no matter my trying, the black pepper sauces burn cut through all of the ketchup, but it also took most of the flavor out. And the undercoat really wasn't enough for the amount of meat we had (next time I'll make a point of not using half the bottle up on other meat before barbecue time, and or trying to make sure I have more than one bottle available [no more at the store where I got it, but I'll probably be hitting a different branch on Friday, maybe they'll have some])

Latest posts