How ya doin'

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee my 5 year old granddaughter still sleeps with the baby quilt you made for her. Every so often I tell her of the love of a dear friend I never even met face to face, that loved her before she was born and made that quilt for her. I tell her of the love in every stitch and how she is wrapped in love. She loves hearing that.

I am convinced that there is no amount of thank you or gratitude to ever convey how treasured you are by every member on this forum. You are one special lady with more kindness and love in the tip of your little finger than most folks have in their whole body.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight
I miss ya! I pray all is well. I’m not able to garden much anymore. Mom and I had a couple of tomatoes and a few Squash. I sure miss chatting with you.

even if you can't garden any more there is still a place for you to talk about experiences and to share with friends.

i'd hate to think that anyone who gets disabled would feel they weren't welcome here any longer.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight
I miss ya! I pray all is well. I’m not able to garden much anymore. Mom and I had a couple of tomatoes and a few Squash. I sure miss chatting with you.
@HmooseK , always good to hear from you! Ditto @flowerbug 's comments. I've enjoyed our conversations over the years. Sorry to hear that you've had to cut back on your gardening, but we'd love to benefit from your experiences, and share stories. There's a lot to talk about here besides gardening, and a lot of good people to talk to.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@aftermidnight
Even a couple of tomatoes and a few squash provides satisfying results. Even if you don't plant anything, you are still family here!

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@flowerbug and @Zeedman

Hey Zeedman, I sure miss the old gang and our discussions on beans over the years. On my last good grow out, I refreshed my Sierra Madre seed that you gave me years ago. I have a good amount in a glass jar and they are in the freezer for the future. I love them cooked in the greeny stage with salt pork and a big pan of cornbread. One of these days, I hope to see how they do made into leather britches.
A couple of years ago or so, @aftermidnight told me about this forum while we were searching the world over for a bean from Poland called Pienky Jas. Annette found a source and I have that in the freezer as well. We were also looking for a bean named Ralph. I bet you remember the story George told us about the Barber that used to keep them in a cigar box to give out to his customers. George’s supply as well as mine got so old that we weren’t able to revive them. Annette and I had thought we might possibly have found a source, but it turned out to be a dead end. The hunt was still fun for us though. I sure those times.
@flowerbug I’ve always felt welcome here and if my old eyes would allow, I’d read every post, but I’ll still try to stop in more often. Thank y’all for answering my post.