How you keeping yourself busy?

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you i finally gave up on wood and went with block... it's permanent no more replacing wood every couple years......
IMG_1240.JPG

@baymule just to prove to you that i have all my blocks and they are in a row.....
finished the lower retaining wall this morning....
IMG_1322[1].JPG

while out there did some designing on how to finish this project..
this use to be 3 beds have decided to make it a 2 bed area, both beds will be apx 36" wide with a 33" wide path in the middle<where the shovel is> and the sides will have about 20" path's. not sure if it'd going to happen this year but the paths will be covered in gravel....
IMG_1323[1].JPG

have decided to plant my artichokes in the lower bed, as for the upper bed this year will plant some late season phoenix mators in it, next year it's going to be my new asparagus bed will be planting Mary Washington's. the old bed has jersey giants and they are showing their age plus the blocks are starting to lean over, just a matter of time till they fall over... have been kicking myself for putting that bed where i did have to use the weedeater around it....

whoever said "the more you plant, the less you have to mow" must live in a apartment, yes you mow less, but you spend way more time weedeating around everything..... as i'm getting older... screw that sh!t.!!!!!!

have calculated on how many blocks/half blocks, 4' & 2" cap blocks will be needed will place any order early next week for a friday delivery.....

Last edited:

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
whoever said "the more you plant, the less you have to mow" must live in a apartment, yes you mow less, but you spend way more time weedeating around everything.....

It works the same way for every tree, shrub, flower bed, or flowers you plant in the yard. Just something to mow around, weed eat if you are lucky or hand pull if you are not. Even knowing that, in Arkansas I planted a lot of trees, some shrubs, and several flowers like peonies. Down here I'm not going to do that. I'm not as young as I used to be.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ducks4you i finally gave up on wood and went with block... it's permanent no more replacing wood ever couple years......
View attachment 34961

@baymule just to prove to you that i have all my blocks and they are in a row.....
finished the lower retaining wall this morning....
View attachment 34959
while out there did some designing on how to finish this project..
this use to be 3 beds have decided to make it a 2 bed area, both beds will be apx 36" wide with a 33" wide path in the middle<where the shovel is> and the sides will have about 20" path's. not sure if it'd going to happen this year but the paths will be covered in gravel....
View attachment 34960
have decided to plant my artichokes in the lower bed, as for the upper bed this year will plant some late season phoenix mators in it, next year it's going to be my new asparagus bed will be planting Mary Washington's. the old bed has jersey giants and they are showing their age plus the blocks are starting to lean over, just a matter of time till they fall over... have been kicking myself for putting that bed where i did have to use the weedeater around it....

whoever said "the more you plant, the less you have to mow" must live in a apartment, yes you mow less, but you spend way more time weedeating around everything..... as i'm getting older... screw that sh!t.!!!!!!

have calculated on how many blocks/half blocks, 4' & 2" cap blocks will be needed will place any order early next week for a friday delivery.....
Beautiful work, @majorcatfish ... and a lot of it. Makes me sweat just looking at it. ;) I really need to do something similar, on a limited basis. For most vegetables, I don't need raised beds; but I'm tired of losing garlic to heavy Spring rains. I need to build berms on the uphill side of my rural garden too, to hopefully deflect the drainage from the adjoining farm field.