Into The Swamp For Ron's Gift

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sam The Yam said:
Injunjoe, you are like an Indiana Jones guy. Just full of adventure and all. I'll bet those alligators see you coming and they get out of your way!

Be safe!
The wild beasts are not to fear!

But caution must be used! If you listen close you can hear the movement of the real danger!

As you leave the streets you pass the dumping grounds, A little farther in you pass the danger zone!

This is where you find trails going into the brush. As a child I would play and climb trees and such in these very woods. Now as adult the woods have become a very dangerous place! I would never let a child go into the woods around here!

In this section of the woods is the Bands of Homeless. Not the poor guy that lost his job then his house, these are the hardened lost all to the need to be HI.

There is groups of these guys in most of the wooded spots left around here. There are homeless shelters and places set up to help but there is no drinking so they choose to Fly A Sign, "Hungry Please Help". You see a kind heart hand them the old $20.00, only to watch the guy run right to the beer gettin store!

I feel bad for those that have hit hard times. But when one brings things upon themselves I don't feel sorry for them.

Sorry I will get off my soapbox now. To much coffee! :caf

My point being, 7 drunk guys in the woods is not a great feeling to come upon! Hence the shovel/razor sharp sword!

Joe

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ron how far out in the desert are you?

Do they bring your mail by Camel Express?

I could have drove there by now and at least have some of that killer looking food you are always making.

What do you think of homing pigeons?

We could attach cuttings to the legs and be there in no time!

Joe :weee

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It is nearly 4 p.m. and that is when I usually see the Mail carrier come around.

Let me go trek on across the dunes and see if there is any mail yet, brb! LOL :gig

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
It is nearly 4 p.m. and that is when I usually see the Mail carrier come around.

Let me go trek on across the dunes and see if there is any mail yet, brb! LOL :gig

Dude bring water!

I hope he did not forget the water!

Joe :gig :idunno

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No, bummer, nothing yet.

We really do not have a Post Office 'Hub' here in Las Cruces, so mail has to Enter the State of New Mexico through Albuquerque, and then actually leave the State again to El Paso, Texas, where it is then driven to Las Cruces.

I tried to get them to explain it to me before, but it was all very confusing.

I will check again in about 30 more minutes, it is an hour's drive from Texas from here! LOL

Ron

PunkinPeep

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
No, bummer, nothing yet.

We really do not have a Post Office 'Hub' here in Las Cruces, so mail has to Enter the State of New Mexico through Albuquerque, and then actually leave the State again to El Paso, Texas, where it is then driven to Las Cruces.

I tried to get them to explain it to me before, but it was all very confusing.

I will check again in about 30 more minutes, it is an hour's drive from Texas from here! LOL

Ron
That's funny. It might be better not to ask about that sort of logic. :lol:

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is very much like calling your spouse on the cell phone while in the same room!

The signal travels thousands of miles to reach the one you love, while they are sitting right there next to you.

Joe

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
This is very much like calling your spouse on the cell phone while in the same room!

The signal travels thousands of miles to reach the one you love, while they are sitting right there next to you.

Joe
That reminds me of my ex BIL. We were visiting them overnight and my SIL was in another room. He phoned her to ask her if we were going to stay the next day and if we could babysit since SIL was going to work. Needless to say, we left bright and early. If we are not good enough for you to talk to, we are not good enough to look after your kids.

:plbb

Latest posts