Joy in the Little Things

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
because we have probably at least 15 lbs of chocolate here with most of that being good Belgian milk chocolate. if i couldn't restrain or crontrol myself it would be a major problem. i have one or two squares a day depending upon how active i've been. today i could eat a dozen but i just had homemade tapioca pudding for dinner so i'm happy with that. using good vanilla and a bit less sugar than the recipe on the box called for and it is perfect. :) as the threat title says... :)
Have you ever tried the black tapioca? I've seen it online but I've never tasted it and wondered if it tastes different

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't been able too find tapioca here for many years however there is the tin and even that is rare but you really can't beat the homemade pudding like my aunt used too make in her oven.

it is Minute Tapioca (but they lie because it takes longer than a minute to make it :) ), still it is good enough. i don't like spices in it, just vanilla is what i'm after.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
it is Minute Tapioca (but they lie because it takes longer than a minute to make it :) ), still it is good enough. i don't like spices in it, just vanilla is what i'm after.
I used to buy vanilla pods, I made vanilla once with vodka, it lasted for ages and I added it too cakes. My friend adds vanilla pods to his sugar

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I unpacked a box yesterday that had been in the storage building in Lindale. I found my old recipe box that my Daddy had made for me from mimosa wood. It is full of hand written recipe cards, folded bits of paper, it hasn’t seen the light of day in 8 years.

I found a recipe written out on a sheet of paper, carefully folded, for home made chocolate pudding. I’ve got to make that soon!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Way back, I had to leave a lot of my home behind and so much was lost including photographs. My son somehow rescued these and will be posting them soon.

I just can't wait to see them again. 😍

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the black tapioca? I've seen it online but I've never tasted it and wondered if it tastes different
Such tapioca balls are very common in Taiwan. :D
They are black because brown sugar is used.

I used to make them manually, so we could add different flavors and colors as we liked.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Such tapioca balls are very common in Taiwan. :D
They are black because brown sugar is used.

I used to make them manually, so we could add different flavors and colors as we liked.
I've read they make them into a drink, would this be with milk?

I had a friend a long time ago from Taiwan, he was an amazing cook. I just loved his food :) I'm sorry to say I don't know what part of Taiwan he was from and we lost touch many years ago

Latest posts