Lost my garden, job, and home!

Blue-Jay

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I read the news from you Marshall on my email this morning. I'm just stunned to hear this. It really makes you angry that anyone would do something like this to such an excellent person. Your hard work, generosity and great character has been just walked on, kicked in the butt, and just makes you sick. You definitely know we will take care of what ever beans you send Marsh, but that's the small of it. Yep we are all going to be praying for you. There just won't be quite the same happy feeling among us that we had last year until we know you are happy again and have found a good place to live and grow those wonderful gardens again. Keep us posted and stay with us when you find the time.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Russ. I'm packing these seeds fast as i can. I think some of Journey's seeds will be in floweaver's box.
Temp housing for my cats peeper and clevland was the biggest concern, and yesterday ember koski the cat angel lady of mendocino county took them in, so they are in the best of care. but still, big peeper who was raised with only me in the woods as a 1 man cat seems to be scared still. he'll be alright i think. Ember has tamed even the wildest feral cats, and peeper has never been feral. Clevland i actually got from ember, and she was there when he was born, so they know each other well.

Beans are my next priority, and i'm sorting and packing them fast as i can.

Then, final packing into my car tomorrow morning to meet a friend i've known since 1965 or so, who will have at least temporary housing for me, and he could use my help with his painting houses.

Big concern is meeting my bosses tomorrow at 5 pm in a parking lot to sign papers and get my 5,000 dollar severance pay. I'm scared of my bosses!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why be scared? What are they going to do, fire you? Not jolly 'OL England of 1600's. Can't put you on ship and send you to America that great big wilderness of hostiles........ Could send you to Australia-I'd be up for that. Tell them to fire me as well....

Good luck and rip on them.....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Why be scared? What are they going to do, fire you? Not jolly 'OL England of 1600's. Can't put you on ship and send you to America that great big wilderness of hostiles........ Could send you to Australia-I'd be up for that. Tell them to fire me as well....

Good luck and rip on them.....
They could reneg on the severance.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha, SeedCorn! Ever watch The Godfather? Those are the kinds of folks my bosses are, or at least seem to be.

Yea, Thistle, supposedly some friends will show up there.

I think...I know too much...

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's my second biggest worry Catjac

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You bet, I'll take good care of them Marshall, thanks for entrusting me with your collection. I will photograph them all and send you the links so that later when you have time you can give me input as to any bean names or information you don't have time for now, so don't worry about that. Anything I cannot grow out this season I will grow next season. Hopefully by the time I have fresh seed, you'll be settled in a wonderful new gardening spot ready to grow again!

Just take good care of yourself, and watch your back with these folks. Above all, don't take any of it personal.

In my last job as director of a non-profit the politics got so out of hand at the end because of one crazy person who ran off all the good people. I was sure she had it in for me, even though I didn't know why. I had done an exemplary job for five years, but decided the stress was too much and left to start my own business. As it turns out, she persecuted the next two directors who lasted less than a year until the organization finally folded. Since the organization helped promote her business, her actions did not make sense. The karma of the story is that by law her taxes were still collected and turned over to another organization that did not benefit her business in any way. To stop that she would have to fight the state! I recently ran into her at a community event and she had become old, bent, and ugly as she was on the inside.

Don't let those turkeys get you down!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know people, too, @marshallsmyth.

How about a few names sent to someone by PM? We already can testify to your concerns, but a name or two might make you feel safer. Public parking lot. Five O'clock should be busy enough. Bring a friend or two with you and have someone parked nearby that's just there to watch.

Latest posts