Lost my garden, job, and home!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I am so sorry to hear of this loss. The only thing that I can think of that allows for a 3 day vacancy notice along with job termination is if the housing is provided by an employer ( in this case, a semi public entity which PG&E is ) that is a condition of the live in employment or for proven criminal or immoral activity resulting in eviction by the county sheriff. Also, keep in mind that in some cases,bad mouthing and/ or vigorously fighting an employer may result in a bad work performance review to a possible future employer. Good luck in finding a new job and housing, pronto !

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall ... I just talked to my wife who is with the IRS auditing businesses. Her thought is to contact the Public Utilities Commission to ask them what is their policy regarding your situation. Best of luck in getting a satisfactory solution. :fl :fl :fl

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
pge is not my employer. the association rents the land from pge is all. there is nothing illegal i did, nor accused of doing, nothing immoral i did nor accused of, no bad mouthing happened, no fighting happened. i'd lose that one anyway even if there was an urge. Naw, they have a power struggle among themselves, they know they wasted a lot of funds on things that if they'd listened to me would not have happened. so they are saving face and doing a power trip, a strange setup.

At this point I just want out of this place.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sure. And, that is understandable.

We had company for dinner tonight. I was relating what it was like to live-at-work to a young workaholic :).

I liked the job, had some problems with the arrogance of the owners. It was living at the greenhouses. I was conned into a 11 days on, 3 days off schedule. Several years I put up with that. I continued with that even after I moved but they got an ultimatum. I was leaving the property and night duty. 24 hours per day for 11 days year after year was crazy! If it had to continue, I was quitting to find another job.

It was a "I just want to be left alone!" No work on the furnace at 2am ... no being responsible overnight 2 weeks outta every month. It wasn't my property. I owned a mobil home and it was leaving.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the moral support, everyone!

@Bluejay77 I found your address, and have a bubble wrap envelope ready to mail to you. It has the seeds from @Hal and @journey11 and @buckabucka and from Joseph Simcox.

@flowerweaver I will be now packing the rest, probably several varieties per packet, and in a hurry, mostly of the segregations I was planning to grow this year. That is next. I only have the rest of today, and part of tomorrow left to pack my belongings and leave, so they might not all be rightly labeled.

Guys, what is left I will put a few seeds of into one can all hopelessly mixed, but at least I will have some to do a restart with.

Perhaps Earl Wood i think his name is could get a relayed package sent to him later, or to those who may want some of what I will have.

Oh God! too much to do in too little time. doing the best I can!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh! @flowerweaver and @Bluejay77 I just now found the can that has something like 15 small packets i got from a young gardener from fb can't think his name at the moment. Those will go in the envelope to you flowerweaver.

I am hoping you could grow these and let bluejay77 know the results to send him some seeds of those he may want, and save some for you and share as you please.

Latest posts