Missing Emoties

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you so much @flowerbug ! This is a huge help!

you're welcome. :) i should have taken a moment to mention that the simple text is easy because to display it there is no calling out to a different translator to pick the symbols to display. when you use an emojie then that has to be found and translated and so that is why it takes a bit more resources to display and can cause issues if there is some limitation on resources.

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi.

Could you please provide me a link to one of the posts you mentioned so that I can take a look?

Regards.

Support.
Here is another from a different user:

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
the links that @meadow posted pointed to posts that had emojies in them that i could see ok. so it may be a problem of the internet/website host not being able to serve them fast enough. i've noticed at times where some pictures, emojies, menu items, drop down things, responses with likes, etc. just do not happen before they time out. refreshing the screen sometimes will eventually bring things up and other times it won't. it's a performance issue and for a smaller website on a limited budget i think it is quite ok to have things not always super snappy in response. it costs a lot more to get that kind of feel/response.
What kind of device are you viewing from? I'm using a laptop (Win10 Pro).

I do not think it is a performance issue, since it started on a certain date (several months ago) and has not altered since. It does not matter if the page has images or not, nor the time of day. They had previously been working fine.

It is functioning more like certain emojies are no longer in the library (or whatever). Could it be a difference between operating systems?

eta: Ok, read your other post. hmmm.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good. Because a brown bear + a snowflake does not equal a polar bear. :lol:
whattha.jpg

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
🐻‍❄️ Looks like it works now...
...nope. The polar bear appears while editing, but once I post, it reverts to the brown bear again. Less AI than AS.

Latest posts