Moss on the Rocks

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe that one isn't here altho, it seems to look right.

Lobaria oregana doesn't.

?

Steve

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looks more like a lichen. OOpsie. I see Steve already identified it.
Thanks for the Japanese picture. I saw that expresionless look on the Japanese (especially the women) at the beginning of the Japanese occupation. By the time we freed them completely that had already begun to change by our example.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I like moss also. That last photo is stunning! We have a network of trails through our woods, for walking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing. There is one section that we call "the mossy woods". It is so quiet when you walk through there, with soft moss everywhere. I wonder how well it would photograph.....

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
These mossy boulders made me pull over and stop for an enjoyable closer look. I happened to have my camera with me too. Moss fascinates me with it's lush greenness in the spring, and even when dried out by drought comes back just as beautifully the following year with winters moisture.

View attachment 12353

View attachment 12354

View attachment 12355

View attachment 12356

View attachment 12358

View attachment 12360

View attachment 12361

View attachment 12363
My 5 year old Grandson is obsessed with moss. One of the many things he collects from nature. I can remember peeling moss off of rocks as a kid and planting it in my garden. Apples and trees...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
The east side yard. Between house and maple tree. Not much sun. Sump pump empties there also. Looks like I need to pick up winter debris soon. (I think I may have finally talked DH into letting it go mossy and design around the natural tendency for moss here.) :)
018.JPG

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice new avatar @Carol Dee . Is your hair long? For some reason I thought it was short. Yes, your face looks skinnier. Two of my friends have lost 15lbs each and I can tell by how their face looks.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, why fight it? I see rhodies and mountain laurel and ferns and hellebores and bleeding heart and hosta and pulmonaria and brunnera.....

Hey! You changed your avatar again! Very nice! I think you look skinnier!
Thanks @thistlebloom I will try to change my avatar as the weight SLOWLY drops! Kind of chronicling the change for myself. Thanks also for the plant suggestions.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice new avatar @Carol Dee . Is your hair long? For some reason I thought it was short. Yes, your face looks skinnier. Two of my friends have lost 15lbs each and I can tell by how their face looks.

Mary
@ninnymary my hair is just past shoulder length, I usually wear it in a ponytail or bun. Out of the way for food service and out of my face. So far only changes I see in myself are the face photos. Jeans are finally looser. But not enough to go down a size and be uncomfortable again. ;)

Latest posts