My dog swallowed a ball this morning

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was a close one! I didn't know about hydrogen peroxide making a dog throw up. I learned something today. We had a dog swallow a hickory nut that lodged in his intestine. We didn't know what was wrong with him. A trip to the vet, $1,000 later and we had our answer.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
With you on that decision, hope she'll get a good home, if it comes to having leave. You can't be losing your other animals. I really hope she is able to adapt, maybe she will learn a little from the older dog, 3 months old there's time yet. What animals do you have? Thanks for your guidance on sleep, I always swore banana's helped, but been eating more with melatonin, its help plus getting rid of a cotton sateen sheet that was another thing making me wake up. Something feels strange with those sateen bed linens. Nice chatting bee. :) thanks

I can't stand those sateen sheets and pillow cases! They make me too hot to sleep. I love a 400 thread count Egyptian cotton, though....smooth and cool.

We are starting up a flock of hair sheep and we also have a flock of free range chickens and a few ducks on the side. All for the purpose of providing food here, so the dogs are pretty important to the safety of all the animals.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That was a close one! I didn't know about hydrogen peroxide making a dog throw up. I learned something today. We had a dog swallow a hickory nut that lodged in his intestine. We didn't know what was wrong with him. A trip to the vet, $1,000 later and we had our answer.
We live and learn daily. Apparently peroxide is good for humans to, according too a lot of studies. So using a little for my own problem here. I wish I had looked this up earlier

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I can't stand those sateen sheets and pillow cases! They make me too hot to sleep. I love a 400 thread count Egyptian cotton, though....smooth and cool.

We are starting up a flock of hair sheep and we also have a flock of free range chickens and a few ducks on the side. All for the purpose of providing food here, so the dogs are pretty important to the safety of all the animals.
Will you be making the sheep wool into pillows? Ive found that there's nothing better than the Egyptian cotton bedding. No problems with sleep here since our conversations and getting that sateen rubbish off my bed. ;)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
So peroxide can work against poison? I didn't know this @Beekissed . This reminds me of what I read a long time ago, everyone is a teacher.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
So peroxide can work against poison? I didn't know this @Beekissed . This reminds me of what I read a long time ago, everyone is a teacher.

Only if done directly after the ingestion. Dog digestive systems are short and quick, so if the poison is not still in the gut it won't help at all. If you can get it quick and they vomit it all out, it's all good in the neighborhood!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Will you be making the sheep wool into pillows? Ive found that there's nothing better than the Egyptian cotton bedding. No problems with sleep here since our conversations and getting that sateen rubbish off my bed. ;)

These sheep shed their wool, but rarely in pieces big enough to bother with and it's not a good quality wool. I'll likely tan lambskins though, if they are a pretty color, with the hair on and make rugs and pillow covers.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday i was cutting up some yellow onions. i was really hungry as i'd not had breakfast yet or even drank any water. since i was hungry i ate some of the onion. almost immediately i found out that was a horrible idea. my throat and stomach really started hurting. it was the worst i'd felt in a long time and so quick.

instead of getting peroxide i drank some milk and then had a chocolate and chocolate chip cookie (think of it as a very small brownie made as a cookie). those worked very well and the pain and stomach problem went away nearly immediately.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my kids were little and they had an upset stomach, I gave them milk. It either settled their stomach or they threw up and got it over with.

Latest posts