n95 dust masks

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
only took a month but their here, asked the driver to put on the steps, once opening the package wiped the box and then washed my hands, not knowing which fulfillment warehouse it came from<to be on the safe side figured it was infected>.
View attachment 35106
then yesterday a package showed up from one of my west coast girlfriends @Rhodie Ranch thank you so much.xoxooxo
View attachment 35109

that's a chicken and egg problem there. how do you take a glove out of the box to protect your hands so you can open the box to begin with... i suggest hitting it with a bat like a pinata and trying to catch any gloves that fly out before they hit the ground. well, ok, some of us go for easy amusements wherever we can find them... :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
some weeks ago, i was writing along in another place and i mentioned that having a cloth mask was better than nothing and some guy got really pissed off at me because he claimed that it would not help at all. of course i had to reply that yes it would help people if it reminded them to not stick their fingers in their eyes, nose, mouth, etc. he said i was crazy. i said that physics works. if you have a virus on your hand and touch that fabric mask you won't get sick as long as you don't have that virus get through the mask somehow. which may actually happen, but is that mask worse than nothing. i didn't think so back then and i still don't think so now. just make sure you wash it and your hands when you get home before you touch other things.

i suggest taking a few changes of gloves and masks with me when i go out so i can change if i have to go into more than one place. keep them all in the same space on the backseat so i'm not spreading things around in the car, etc. when i get home before i touch any of the door handles or anything i take the gloves and mask off and hold them in one hand and then take them right to the wash machine. no touching anything else. point A to point B. then i wash my hands. then i move stuff in the house and remove the bags and throw them away and then wash my hands again, then i remove stuff from packages or wipe packages down and put them in cupboards or the fridge, but so far we've not been doing too much of that kind of thing. then i wash my hands yet another time. etc.

the number of cases is going up in our county by quite a few now but i'm still suspecting most of them are happening in the city more than out in the country. still i am treating everything as suspect.

money. money should also be treated as suspect.

ok, so this is mostly a repeat of things i've said before, except for the first part above... but hey, perhaps it is a good reminder to me to keep vigilant and on task. :)

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I found my mask.
682c9a0.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
101 cases in my county now, still climbing.

No check, I guess it's in the mail?

Y'all need to raise your own, or stock up all you can on meat. Meat packing plants are closing or cutting production because the workers are getting sick. We are currently raising 43 Cornish Cross chickens, 25 are pre sold. I may raise a second batch, much as I hate to, dirty birdies are not my favorite. I move their chicken tractor every day, they leave a solid poop pad behind. I overseed it with Giant Bermuda, water it in and we'll see how this does. They stink. They are very labor intensive. They eat more and more. They poop more and more. They drink more and more. I grow to loathe them long before slaughter day. Eh.

We are raising 2 feeder pigs too. 1 is presold, maybe a half also. That leaves a half for us. I may raise another through the winter. I don't know yet. Maybe a calf, I need some beef.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Need to plant sweet corn behind your “dirty birdies”. Everyone should have to do what you are doing at least once. They would either respect the food pipe line or go vegan.....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't even really like the meat from Cornish Cross. The wings aren't bad, but the breast meat is tasteless mush. I raise them HUGE, the breast meat alone is usually 3 pounds. My food-snob daughter and son in law likes it, so we are happy to give it to them. I'd rather have a scrawny, chewy spring rooster from a layer breed. At least they have flavor.

Good idea @seedcorn, I may raise them in the garden next time. Nah, probably not. I start raising them and the garden about the same time.

Latest posts