New property owners again

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are loosing, MontyJ. You shouldn't have to forsake vacation time in order to afford caring for Dew. Yeah, I seldom took the time off that was included in my contract and Dew is certainly worth each and every hour of vacation time you end up taking, but insurance should reimburse you for that loss if you remember to mention it.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Had an easy day at work today, so I took advantage of it. All of the kitchen cabinets are installed! :weeeI also cut the end panels and toe kicks out of the plywood I bought and have stained the end panels for the uppers. The kitchen is looking real good.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's going to drive me completely crazy not being able to get the painting done over in the new place. I want to get the master bedroom painted so the new carpet can get put down. I don't know any kids I could pay to paint for me. HHHHMMMMM I have a few cousins I could call ???? Yeah right

flowerweaver

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Be careful. Recently my roofing contractor subcontracted a couple of guys that looked like meth-heads with prison tattoos to replaster and repaint my rooms. They even had a business card that looked like it had been run over multiple times on a freeway. They showed up late each day, complained about their previous client who didn't appreciate their "artistry", splatted plaster on everything, then scratched my new refrigerator when my husband complained. They didn't do a very good job, so I didn't want them back to finish. I said I would hire another painter to re-do it. Since I'm holding the last of the insurance money and he saw the sloppy work so there wasn't much he could say. Now I'm looking for a new painter.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of people need money put a free ad on your locale CL.
Flowerweaver covered my first thought, Nyboy. There are lots of people who need money, but not all needy people are good painters. . . or even good people to let into your home.

Prison tats doesn't preclude a person from being a good painter, but suspected drug use would in my book. Since it was my home, 'suspected' would be enough to send them packing with general work ethic and attitude being a big part of suspicion.

Dew, there should be some 'word of mouth' dependable workers in your area. Ask around even if only in the clinic you will be spending so much time in for a while.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I am good screening I delete the ones which just ask how much you paying, I tend to reply to the ones that mention they are supporting a family and looking to make extra money. Over the years I have mostly been lucky. This last sunday I wanted molding put up around new front door. Guy wrote that he lives in my town ,works full time for contractor, on weekends he tries to make extra cash for bills. He called me Sun morning to make sure we where still on, he did a great job attend to details, then wanted to charge me $40. I was so happy with his work gave him $80 a another job putting up a fence. DSCF0212.JPG

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy, after that 'tip', you can bet he'll be doing a good job for you.

Speaking of good jobs, I'm not usually much for cameo, but that is perfect for many a job around here from dodging early spring gnats to clearing around woodland mosquitoes .

Latest posts