Night visitors

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just this week a client who lives in Riverdale section of the Bronx, told me a trapper friend put game camera in her back yard. In just 1 week they ID 22 different coyotes in her yard. Dense packed area means nothing now a days when dealing with coyotes.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just this week a client who lives in Riverdale section of the Bronx, told me a trapper friend put game camera in her back yard. In just 1 week they ID 22 different coyotes in her yard. Dense packed area means nothing now a days when dealing with coyotes.

I always travel with my friend Sam Colt when I go to the trail camera. That animal in the photo above is as large as a German shepard.

Colt 38.jpg

Last edited:

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. I have never been sure but I could of sworn that one of the coyotes around here is actually a coydog (coyote dog hybrid). It wouldn't be so noticeable except his doggy sire appears to have been something like a corgi, and he or she has inherited the stumpy legs. (then again, maybe it IS a corgi that got out. I only saw it once, and it was dark)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the news this evening, a farmer in Illinois had 17 goats and sheep killed in two nights. The conservation people think it was a pack of wild dogs or coyotes, not mountain lions. Some were eaten, some were just killed. That's kind of unnerving.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
On the news this evening, a farmer in Illinois had 17 goats and sheep killed in two nights. The conservation people think it was a pack of wild dogs or coyotes, not mountain lions. Some were eaten, some were just killed. That's kind of unnerving.
That's why I have Great Pyrenees and a good fence.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a crazy cat lady here. The stray cats where getting out of control. The first 2 years coyotes appeared cats decreased to only 3 smart ones. Now even there gone, I have never seen so many chipmunks this year.