No bags at supermarkets

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good point, Canesisters...score one for the reusables! They are very strong and you don't have to worry about it bursting open and breaking your jars. Somebody needs to tackle this pet hair problem and I'd go back to using them again. And the store could hire more baggers...one to hold the bag while the other puts the stuff in. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
:( but, but, but... all of my feed bags are paper......

(I beleive there are several folks selling feedbag bags on BYC)

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
very cool bag I wonder if anyone on BYC sells them?
Anybody on BYC??? Where is your loyalty to Gardeners?

There are a bunch of crafty people (and some good with crafts) looking to make a buck on here. Could this be an opportunity for them to expand there moneymaking farmer's market or mail-order empire?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was thinking more of VFEM but I'm sure there are other potential candidates. Talk about someone crafty and good with crafts.

But if you wish, I could mail you a few bags. Small nominal fee.

Seriously, just enough to cover postage. Let me know.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha... how did I get dragged into this?! :lol:

Ridge, you're so totally efficient!!! :bow

Seriously though, I would so make those to have them. I have a PILE of those feed bags since I don't throw them away. I generally line my walkways in the garden with them though as weed control.

You can buy them on sites like Etsy.com. There are a ton of crafty people who sell them right there to buy and reuse. I have reusable bags I've been collecting for years. I got a few when I went to Disney even. I have a My Pet Chicken reusable tote. I have several from multiple grocery store chains.

There is a grocery store here called Aldi's and they will ALWAYS charge for bags at check out, or you bring your own. That is their rule. It's always been company policy, and they store's parking lot is always full. So I don't think it'll hurt anyone, we're human, we adapt. ;)

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In much of Europe and Asia the shopper is expected to provide their own bag. The Japanes use a furoshiki; which is nothing more that a large kerchief. It can be carried in a pocket. The purchases are laid on it, then the corners are drawn up and tied to form a bag. it's just a matter of getting used to the idea. Our landscape would look a lot better without all of those plastic bags blowing around and the ocean is being contaminated by them.