Northern gardens

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
7FA28651-3639-43AB-A09F-DEAF92129CD6.jpeg
The better looking zucchini is now home and in the fridge. Of course, I will leave that for DW.

The one without the proper symmetry, we have agreed can be left for a week and turned into zucchini bread! By then, other summer squash should be at hand.

Nothing, really, has as much growth as the pumpkins! Maybe I will spring for an oil press one of these first days and see what I can do with pumpkin seed oil! Read that it is very commonly used in Eastern Europe.

Went for a drive through some lovely, local country, last weekend. Came out of the foothills of the Rockies into the rolling farmlands of the Palouse. Passed through acres of wheat and chickpeas but also canola. Ya know, 40 years ago -- I'd never seen a canola plant. Pretty fields in bloom ... Canola and Pumpkin Seeds! I could be an oil tycoon!

Steve :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those big fields of tall corn aren't for eating, I think. That corn may end up in your gas tank. They have different growth habits, so may make a patch of Bodacious or Incredible look puny, but they are all just following their genes.
That is true.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am quite pleased with my weed deterrent methods for my onion, carrots, and beets. With a lot of early rain we had a ton of grass clippings. I added some cardboard beneath the clippings and they are just doing so well!. I will not claim to be weed free.However my daylilies are taking most of my time and I have more weeding yet to do in the veggies. But, still, pretty good.This is not liking my photos. So I will amend my statement to there is not a weed in may garden.

Latest posts