Nyboy passed away!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sumi, I've been thinking...don't know how hard it is to change things on the forum format, but was wishing we could have some emoticon added in the smiley portion of this forum that would represent Alex...maybe a flower emoticon of some sort? So that, whenever we are talking about something and it brings him to mind, we can place that in our text? Sort of something to put in the place of saying, "Sounds like something NYboy would do or say."

Sure would be nice to have an Alex button somewhere we could press every time our hearts remember his brightness, his kindness and his childlike way of looking at life. He left quite an impression on us all here and it would be nice to sort of keep him here in a way.

Any way of doing that?
I love this idea! Let me talk to Rob and see what emojis we have that we can pick from. I'll get back to you asap.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I hardly slept last night.
:hugs Same here... I learned yesterday evening that an 18-month old nephew of mine got killed by lightning on Wednesday evening. Then I came here and learned about Alex's passing... I said to my son yesterday evening the Grim Reaper is busy this new year and he replied "God made two mistakes" :(

A friend of mine said to me today when someone passes be happy for the good they brought to your life and hang onto that... Let's keep Alex's memory alive by remembering the wonderful stuff he brought to this forum and as a friend. There are so many stories he shared here that I remember, that made me laugh out loud, threads I followed to find out where is it going.... He was a joy to have around.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe a happy dog as a choice. Edited to add: Or maybe an excited puppy

I like that! @sumi

smiley-puppy-emoticon.gif

happy-puppy-smiley-emoticon-1.gif

cute-puppy-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

happy-dog-smiley-emoticon.gif

happy-dog-with-bone-smiley-emoticon.gif

white-puppy-waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

28.gif

56.gif

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugs Same here... I learned yesterday evening that an 18-month old nephew of mine got killed by lightning on Wednesday evening. Then I came here and learned about Alex's passing... I said to my son yesterday evening the Grim Reaper is busy this new year and he replied "God made two mistakes" :(

A friend of mine said to me today when someone passes be happy for the good they brought to your life and hang onto that... Let's keep Alex's memory alive by remembering the wonderful stuff he brought to this forum and as a friend. There are so many stories he shared here that I remember, that made me laugh out loud, threads I followed to find out where is it going.... He was a joy to have around.
I have lost 3 male colleagues this year that I worked with for 35 years. All men in the early 60's who never took care of themselves....hhhmmm. So sorry Sumi. Too young. And what a fluke accident.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Sometimes when a prominent member on BYC passes away we change their title to a custom title to reflect that. Alex's title is the default "Garden Master" at the moment. I can change that to a short custom title if you all have something in mind. Have a think about it and let me know?

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 15.41.51.png

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sometimes when a prominent member on BYC passes away we change their title to a custom title to reflect that. Alex's title is the default "Garden Master" at the moment. I can change that to a short custom title if you all have something in mind. Have a think about it and let me know?

View attachment 29987[/QUOTEI I just messaged his Kennel. His younger dogs have found homes but his 12 year olds were to a rescue. That means they will find the homes, right? It is so far for me to go to get one. And my husband would kill me..

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just raced here to see if ya'll knew. I had his The Kennel and Pet Spa at Stonybrook post just pop up to the forefront of my FB feed.
I'm shocked. I'm deeply shocked and very very emotionally sad. I loved that man, and like many of you, didn't meet him. There is going to be a very gaping wide cavern in this forum without our Alex.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

View attachment 29987

Maybe start a separate thread for suggestions on that and then put the top choices into a poll?

My most frequent memory of Alex was not about gardening or even his pet grooming, but about his frequent forays onto Craig's List. I'd give him the title of King of Craig's List or Mr. Craig's List. His misadventures on CL seemed to garner the most laughs and they still give me a smile, just writing about it here.

Latest posts