Old Ladies And Cash

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is part of the family. Sad part, probably cleaner than some children-& destroy less.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Beekissed you really got me thinking with that list of items stuffed in bras. Now I must confess......I have stuffed newborn baby rabbits in my bra. I used to raise show rabbits, the culls made nice fryers. I would find a baby rabbit out of the nest, on the wire, cold, lifeless, and I stuffed it in my bra while I fed and watered, turning it to warm the other side. Magic! The cold baby warmed up and came back to life! Saved many a near dead baby rabbit that way. Once on a midnight check, I found a whole litter on the wire instead of the nest box. I scooped them up and took them in the house. I got back in bed, laid them on my belly, covered up and went back to sleep. They warmed up and woke me up squirming around, I put them back with the doe. They all survived.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here I go off topic again:hide. @baymule you used to raise show rabbits? So did we back in the 70's and 80's :), actually attended an ARBA convention at the Shamrock Hilton in Huston back in the 70's, in 77 if I remember correctly . I take it you raised commercial breeds, we did a few but then turned to the fancies. I raised Netherland Dwarfs and Holland Lops, DH, Belgian Hares and Tans . Over the years we raised Satins, Champagnes, Californians and New Zealand Whites. Friends of ours were the ones instrumental in getting Britannia Petites recognized as a new breed by the ARBA. What breeds did you raise?

Annette

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here I go off topic again:hide. @baymule you used to raise show rabbits? So did we back in the 70's and 80's :), actually attended an ARBA convention at the Shamrock Hilton in Huston back in the 70's, in 77 if I remember correctly . I take it you raised commercial breeds, we did a few but then turned to the fancies. I raised Netherland Dwarfs and Holland Lops, DH, Belgian Hares and Tans . Over the years we raised Satins, Champagnes, Californians and New Zealand Whites. Friends of ours were the ones instrumental in getting Britannia Petites recognized as a new breed by the ARBA. What breeds did you raise?

Annette
No way!! I raised Satins and had black, chinchilla, white, red and Siamese Satins AND I was at the ARBA show at the Shamrock Hilton in Houston in 1977 too!! Rabbit people were the nicest people. I housed a woman and her son from El Paso that raised Angora, because they couldn't afford the hotel. I had never met them before, didn't know them, and we had a great time. I lived in Baytown at the time and the local rabbit club I belonged to was very involved in setting up the show. Small world.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Small world is right Bay, the show was held in their 3 tier garage, we ate at Trader Vic's most nights and spent a fair amount of time in the bar, pretty bad when I could tell the shift changed because my drink tasted different :hide.

Our friend who did the presentation to the ARBA on Britannia Petites (nasty little finger biters that they are) says they're not nasty just spirited;). He has a quirky sense of humor and when presenting the Petites to the committee he pulled out a bull whip, and... when you want them to pose, you need one of these.
Coming back through Canadian customs he had to open his briefcase for inspection, the customs officer picked up the whip and said and why have you got this, with a straight face he said sir, it's a marital aid. Everyone around burst into laughter. I came through and my carry on set off the alarm so he opened it and picked up a pair of j clip pliers I explained how they were used, he said OK then what about these, I explained it's a pair of modified pliers used to take j clips off, the officer by this time had an annoyed look on his face. Then my husband set off the alarm, his carry on had 4 dozen automatic watering nipples in his. Needless to say that customs officer was glad to see the back of us. You sure wouldn't get on a plane with these things in you carry on now, they'd probably lock you up. Anyhow we had a really good time at that convention.

Back in the day I was the show secretary for our club VIRBA and The Vancouver Island Exhibition, I also secretaried a show for another club on the mainland when their secretary quit at the last minute, I did it soft touch that I am but I tell you making out cards and judging sheets last minute on the ferry ride over to the mainland, rough crossing, not fun. I got them through it but left all the sanction paper work for someone else to do.

Annette

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha, I recently took a chest xray of a, ummmm, altered, woman wearing only a hospital gown. In the picture, mid-chest, is a round metal object. Hmmmmmmmm thinking....thinking....finally go and look under her gown, Yup, quarter, STUCK to her boob. So its not just the bills ;)

Latest posts