On a losing streak this year.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess we all get old if we're fortunate.

I used to sleep all night. Lay my head on the pillow, close my eyes and when I opened them again it was morning.
Not now. My husband and I were simultaneously sleepless in the wee hours a few days back (the wee hours have also changed as we age, now they mean more than small, haha) I told him I missed the old days. He replied that these are the old days, lol.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
@thistlebloom , I think it could have been much worse than it was for certain. You do not realize how much you depend on your dominant hand until it is stuck at 90* and your fingers can hardly move. I really should listen DW more I might be in a more mobile condition. Oh well I did it my way.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess we all get old if we're fortunate.

I used to sleep all night. Lay my head on the pillow, close my eyes and when I opened them again it was morning.
Not now. My husband and I were simultaneously sleepless in the wee hours a few days back (the wee hours have also changed as we age, now they mean more than small, haha) I told him I missed the old days. He replied that these are the old days, lol.
Haha yeah sleep is elusive sometimes. I need to start fighting against these old days and stop helping them along.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
ages ago i learned something important about balance when practicing Tai Chi. our class was normally held in an extra classroom with the desks pushed off to the side. in other words a perfectly flat floor. we had some guys coming down from the monastery to practice/learn with us and so during that next summer we went up north to where they were to practice on the beach. when we went back to the flat floor that next fall season it was such a huge difference to me in how much my balance had improved on an uneven surface.

in other words, if you don't use it you'll lose it, but it can probably be regained gradually... :) just don't trip and break the other arm, ok? that is something i would do...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
If it is any comfort, @Collector , you're not the only one having a bad year. Foot surgery kept me from planting my main rural garden this year - just when we FINALLY got a warm, dry start to the year. Oh, the seed crops I could have had... but it's not all bad news. The gardens at my home (which DW & DD helped me plant just before the surgery) are producing heavily, and the fallow year on my rural plot has given me a chance to reduce the weed pressure (by tilling frequently) and to fix some persistent drainage issues. So I guess what I am saying is things will get better, so just roll with it... and try hard not to roll on it. :D

Latest posts