On a losing streak this year.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think most remember earlier this year I injured my back working on a custom home site.Then I dropped a log on my foot and busting up my toes. Welp Tuesday I topped both of those. I had to climb up on a dump truck to fix the automatic tarp. Well I stood up on headache rack took one step backward into empty space. Landed flat on my back pretty hard ,my right arm was under me it broke the radius bone and may have damaged some small bones in wrist. One positive is it fixed my back, it hasn’t felt this good in years. It is amazing how much you depend on your dominant hand until it is unusable. The arm is restrained at 90 degrees at elbow and basically need help with everything even putting on shoes and buttoning shirt and pants. Going to work tomorrow is going to be a challenge no doubt. I have had more accidents this year than I had in the previous 30 years. As far as injuries go this one is a real doozy. I still have many projects to do around the house before the snow flies, so I hope they change up the cast situation in the next 2 weeks to free it up a little. I really hate to complain but this is getting ridiculous. This year can’t get over quick enough for me. Close this on a high note though, we are going to Thomas’s Christening this morning. Gotta get going or will be late. Happy gardening all.

So sorry this is happening to you. I hope you have a lot of helpers.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am way beyond that. If they didn't torture you and take 12 hours I would go to the ER. Going to my doctors office in a bit. Seeing the PA. I hope she can do all that I need. I waited too long. I kept feeling better and then getting worse. Lost 8 pounds. I would rather be fat..

That's a lot of weight with the flu. Hope you get some help.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Collector, I can't function well with as little as a hangnail. I don't know how you have been managing!
But I am a mystery solver by nature, so I am wondering why you have recently become accident prone. A few thoughts: Is your eyesight getting worse to the point you are misjudging distances? Are you preoccupied and just not using your usual caution? Under deadlines that make you hurry/cut corners? Losing feeling in your fingers that makes your grip not so good? Are you just having accidents so you can stay home and spend more time with that grandson? (lol)
Seriously, I hope your arm heals quickly and this is the last of your mishaps for several years. Best wishes to you!