On a losing streak this year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think most remember earlier this year I injured my back working on a custom home site.Then I dropped a log on my foot and busting up my toes. Welp Tuesday I topped both of those. I had to climb up on a dump truck to fix the automatic tarp. Well I stood up on headache rack took one step backward into empty space. Landed flat on my back pretty hard ,my right arm was under me it broke the radius bone and may have damaged some small bones in wrist. One positive is it fixed my back, it hasn’t felt this good in years. It is amazing how much you depend on your dominant hand until it is unusable. The arm is restrained at 90 degrees at elbow and basically need help with everything even putting on shoes and buttoning shirt and pants. Going to work tomorrow is going to be a challenge no doubt. I have had more accidents this year than I had in the previous 30 years. As far as injuries go this one is a real doozy. I still have many projects to do around the house before the snow flies, so I hope they change up the cast situation in the next 2 weeks to free it up a little. I really hate to complain but this is getting ridiculous. This year can’t get over quick enough for me. Close this on a high note though, we are going to Thomas’s Christening this morning. Gotta get going or will be late. Happy gardening all.

i missed this the first time around, but i hope the Christening went well...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsrose of sharon are flowering now, A tea made from their flowers suppose to help stomach ache
I am way beyond that. If they didn't torture you and take 12 hours I would go to the ER. Going to my doctors office in a bit. Seeing the PA. I hope she can do all that I need. I waited too long. I kept feeling better and then getting worse. Lost 8 pounds. I would rather be fat..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that the weeds growing was the reference.

Weeds are calling me and growing before my eyes.

PA should be able to recognize when other healthcare help may be needed. I have had good experiences with them.

My new MD is someone very willing to tell me when he doesn't know something. I'm not sure how to take that! I'm used to doctors clamming up at various moments when I could have been enlightened on a condition.

We give them that latitude ... probably, just assuming that we wouldn't understand an explanation but they really have one going around in their heads. My new MD seems to want me to claim some of my own healthcare ground. Last time I felt that way, I did my best to describe the most relevant symptom and, essentially, stopped after saying that I was not the best to know of the proper path ahead. We will slog through together!

I hope that they can lift some of the symptoms you are experiencing, Cat'. Be Well. :hugs

Steve

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that the weeds growing was the reference.

PA should be able to recognize when other healthcare help may be needed. I have had good experiences with them.

My new MD is someone very willing to tell me when he doesn't know something. I'm not sure how to take that! I'm used to doctors clamming up at various moments when I could have been enlightened on a condition.

We give them that latitude ... probably, just assuming that we wouldn't understand an explanation but they really have one going around in their heads. My new MD seems to want me to claim some of my own healthcare ground. Last time I felt that way, I did my best to describe the most relevant symptom and, essentially, stopped after saying that I was not the best to know of the proper path ahead. We will slog through together!

I hope that they can lift some of the symptoms you are experiencing, Cat'. Be Well. :hugs

Steve
Thanks. Going soon.I have found the PA are more willing to give you antibiotics. My homeopath thinks it's a bacterial infection. So enough is enough. If I don't eat I feel OK. Not even the simplest foods have been OK. I have not eaten today. But that is just so I can sit inn the waiting room before getting seen. I am feeling hopeful that help is on the way.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 i hope all goes good at the drs visit. Not the right time to be down and out.
You know it. Heat wave coming. Do you know how things all come at once? Had an electrical line blow a while back. In the guest room for the most part. 2 of our electicians retired. Finally got a guy to call us back. No show. Why. Had a heart attack the night before appt. Others called. But, not really an emergency so never called back. Gave up for a while. My husband found a new guy who solved the problem rather quickly. Has to come back. Water bed springs a leak. Order a new one. Sleeping in guest room . AC only in bedroom. New mattress coming tomorrow. So all things are on the mend. Me too I hope.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@catjac1975 i hope you're on the mend too. and yes, my reference was to weeds being future worm food. that is how i always see them now. :)

as a reference to heat wave... ugh! today is downright mean out there. 95F heat index and just the act of walking had sweat rolling off me. have the fan on now so i don't melt like a wax museum exhibit.

Latest posts