Peppers, maybe a whole peck!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
have had stuffed bell pepper since a kid,they suck as a leftover... dw came up with a great way of doing them

same recipe, but dice up the bells and make a casserole out of it and add more cheese less tomato sauce...gone every time.

and if theres any left heat up and add a couple eggs for a omelet in the morning.......
I miss my mothers stuffed peppers :hit:hit:hit

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
nice chart..covers just about every pepper...

back in 2015 grew thai bangkok peppers 50k-100k still have a 1/3 of a quart jar left...hot but good flavor

for anaheim peppers 5k- 2.5k found that highlander has been very consistent in flavor and heat. great all around.

if anyone has a good mild pepper they please let us know theres always room for a experiment here...

check out that hot sauce page, 16 million scoville unit hot sauce. yow! i'm happy with the siracha hot sauce...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
have had stuffed bell pepper since a kid,they suck as a leftover... dw came up with a great way of doing them

same recipe, but dice up the bells and make a casserole out of it and add more cheese less tomato sauce...gone every time.

and if theres any left heat up and add a couple eggs for a omelet in the morning.......

all sounds good to me major.

i never have a problem with leftovers. i'm the family garbage disposal... it's very rare i throw anything away. last thing we made here i didn't much like was rather gross cheese and brocolli soup. just did not like it at all. Mom froze some to eat for later and i told her it was all hers. a very very rare thing. especially considering i like cheese and i like brocolli and i like cheese melted over brocolli. i just haven't figured out what ruined it for me and i'm not going to even try it again to find out. ick. hahaha... odd i know... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@flowerbug , Greek yogurt in a veggie soup is a good choice, I discovered recently. I think I might start a recipe thread about something I don't have any experience with ...

I have done the "stuffed" pepper casserole, however, it wasn't a personal creation. I came across a recipe several years ago.

The non-bell sweet peppers didn't lend themselves to stuffing. I even tried slicing larger ones horizontally. It resulted in pretty much what looked like a casserole, anyway. Chopped, they were easier to eat.

Shi****o peppers are good for stir-fries. I'm not very creative. Some may remember that "it's either a casserole, stir-fry or soup but the ingredients are all the same" kick I was on a few years ago. :D Hey, the choices of similar ingredients can vary - like, the varieties of peppers.

Steve

Latest posts