Planning an Herbal Tea Garden Any Suggestions?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi karanleaf, :happy_flower

GOOD MORNING -- It's me again :frow

I am a complete research freak! :tongue Once I start I can't stop!:plbb
I've suspect you might already know this sight but I haven't seen it before. I thought it was especially relevent to what you are planning.

So here it is:- http://www.raingardens.com/seedpage/herbtea.htm

I hope it's useful ! :D

I'm off into the garden -- the weather is much better this morning; much warmer & the sun is trying hard to break through. I have just been lent a little (portable) greenhouse to use for my seedlings -- somewhere for them to harden up. It's rather battered but I can patch it up with fleece (I use that for nearly everything, along with DUCT TAPE that is)!!!! :bow
I have a perfect place for it too -- where I can't actually see it from either the house or the garden (it's really UGLY)!!

Happy Gardening! :tools

:rose Hattie :rose

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hattie the Hen said:
Hi Karen :frow

I think you might be very interested in the information from this site. It is the Chelsea Physic Garden (in London) -- Full of herbs. Their lists might be very useful to you in your Great Task! :D

Go to:- http://www.chelseaphysicgarden.co.uk/garden/gaum.html

Hope it helps!

Hattie, I'm very interested in those lists, but your link doesn't work - can you find the problem and fix it? Pretty please? :bouquet

I've been to the Chelsea Physics Garden. Fantastic place, what amazed me was the extremely busy road right outside the stone walls there - you are in the heart of the city, yet walking in such antiquity. I loved my visit to England, I hope I can get back there again before I'm no longer able to....

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, I got there, I was looking for the lists Hattie spoke of. Couldn't find them from the main link. I must be particularly dense this morning, sorry!

Rio_Lindo_AZ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mint is a must have for a tea garden. It has a wonderful scent when watered and can be used in tea, which makes a great stomache ache remedy, the way. :D

Another of my favorites is lempon balm.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am sooo excited it seems to be coming together now. And all thanks to Norma Lee, a local resident / friend / customer. She called me at the office and said she was dropping some pots off at our greenhouse. Vic just happened to arrive as she was getting ready to leave. She had mentioned to him she had something for me at her house and wondered if he would come get it with the pickup. I came home and this is what I found. :clap :clap

This is the structure I will build my Herbal tea garden in :celebrate :watering :tools These old drawers are perfect. :love :celebrate
I plan to stack them in a tier and put in dividers for the mints. I was searching in the barn loft and found a small little table I had forgotten about and MIL had gotten me a small chair so I have the start for the tea set also. vfem's idea for the tea setting. :clap :clap :coolsun

So guess what I am working on this weekend ??? :tools :watering

:happy_flower Karan :D

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great Plan Karan -- I'm sure you will surprise us with your ingenuity. :ep

Looking forward to it. :happy_flower

By the way in another post I saw that you & DH are planning to build a straw-bale house. Have I mentioned to you that I live in a house which is made of straw & a kind of clay called wychert. It is a very local building technique & has been uses for hundreds of years. My house is one of six finished in 1927 & the last built using this method.

I know it isn't quite the same thing but the wonderful insulation you get from the straw will be! :ya

GOOD LUCK with that HUGE PROJECT too :thumbsup