Planning an Herbal Tea Garden Any Suggestions?

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Mother brought me a book that she has been reading it is a Mystery called An Unthymelt Death by Susan Wittig Albert. And this woman writes about herbs their uses has many recipes, information , crafts and garden suggestions in along with the story it's self. I have started thumbing trough it and have found some Great Info :celebrate If some have not heard of this Authors series of books you may want to check them out :caf

Ok Back the thumbing the pages :thumbsup

:happy_flower Karan :D

Sylvie

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
Mother brought me a book that she has been reading it is a Mystery called An Unthymelt Death by Susan Wittig Albert. And this woman writes about herbs their uses has many recipes, information , crafts and garden suggestions in along with the story it's self. I have started thumbing trough it and have found some Great Info :celebrate If some have not heard of this Authors series of books you may want to check them out :caf

Ok Back the thumbing the pages :thumbsup

Check out my thread called "Herb and Garden Mysteries" (do a search, I can't link) where we discussed these books and more!
I get the books on CD or tape and weed while listening. They are fantastic! :)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Nice Karen!!! :)

I still think you need to change out the knobs... just something real antiquie looking would be awesome!!! Some white knobs with hand painted roses maybe?! I used to have a day bed painted like that.

I am so loving what you are doing with your garden. :ya

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks Vfem I still have to paint it and do the accents, I was hoping to do that today ... But I pulled a muscle in my upper back so some movements are just not comfortable. :old It maybe a couple of days yet or the weekend before that happens. But It is coming along :celebrate

Still need to get a few more plants. :watering

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Karan :frow

:ep SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR BACK!! :hugs :hugs :hugs It's so maddening when that happens. :barnie I hope it gets better really soon. I'm SENDING HEALING THOUGHTS...........Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.........................Can you feel them................................................Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.................????????

:rainbow-sun GET WELL SOON :rainbow-sun

Lots of :love :love :love

:rose Hattie :rose

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks so much Hattie, I think your healing thoughts have done their job. :celebrate My back feels much better this morning :celebrate

DH & I had found that something had attacked my Stevia plants and a few of his Chocolate Habenaro plants sitting on the floor of the front inside the greenhouse. :barnie 6 of the 9 Stevia had been all but completely striped of their leaves and same with 2 of the peppers. So we inspected them very closely saw no insects but set them outside and sprayed them with insecticidal soap just for precautions. So as we were sitting the plants back inside and looking over some of the neighboring plants in that area. DH sprayed the gravel area where the plants had been sitting also, incase the buggers had gone there. As he was putting the spray back in the storage room he said he found the culprit :ep :clap Ok, good, now lets get it :rant

It was about 5 inches tall and long Brown with a white tail :th it was a very young cottontail rabbit :gig Sooo we had a long chasing game of wack the bunny yesterday evening, :lol: after 45 minutes of flushing it from under all the benches and out of the corners, tring to catch it with a basket and running between my legs. :weee :weee :weee Dh was able to wack it just enough to stun it so he could pick it up by the scruff. He carried it to the edge of the CRP next to us and it hopped away. :bun :bun

So that and a good nights sleep may have put my back right :celebrate
And of course the healing thoughts of Hattie. :bow :hugs

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ooooh.... poor back... and poor bunny!!! :hit

I want EVERYONE to be ok!!!! :hugs

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
CityChook said:
Don't forget some roses - hips are wonderful in tea and very very high in vitamin C!
Good Point . What roses are best for developing large rose hips??
Any suggestions??
I have always wanted a Joseph's Coat Rose bush. Grammy had one that climbed the south east corner of their garage. I loved all the yellow, pink, and orange tones the flowers had. :love

:frow Karan :D

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well it has been very very Hot the past couple of weeks so I have not gotten as much done to the Herbal Tea Garden as I would have liked to. But here is were it is at.

I got the color of paint mixed and I have it painted now. Not without spilling about 1/4 of the quart when I was just about finished. :barnie But it is Ok :th Still have plenty of paint left. Here it is without the trim color

And here it is with the trim color ,,,, So ,,,,,,,,,,, Now tell me,,,,,,

What do ya think? At first I thought it might be too bright of red, I am hoping it has dried a bit darker but it may grow on me.....

If it doesn't I can always rub a brown or dark stain over it. I was wondering about ....... well I think I will just let it be for a while and see how it looks after it gets planted.....

Opinions,,,,, :caf Please and Be honest I need true opinions :thumbsup Thanks