Planning an Herbal Tea Garden Any Suggestions?

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is so great Karen!!! I LOVE those drawers, they are just perfect for a nice herb garden... keeping it contained will be so worth it. Have you thought about going to a consignment/thirft store and looking for old tea sets that you can break and turn into larger pots for more herbs?!

I've had so many ideas spinning in my head for you, I was dying to see how this came along. :D

I'm so happy you are finding such awesome pieces from people who are being so helpful.... I wonder if my mom wants to go out and go yard sale hopping this weekend for some items for my garden... I really need more plant stands, and would love to find some more stuff for vines to grow up.

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh :D Hattie thanks so much for the wonderful links :rose Some good info there :caf

Thanks vfem :frow I really appreachate all the helpful suggestions and info you gals have been giving. :clap Yar d sale tea sets wonderful idea I will mention it to my MIL she is wonderful at finding me just the right items. :thumbsup

This is so exciting :ya :ya

I can't hardly wait till the weekend when I have the whole time to try to get this started for real :woot

I have Peppermint, Spearmint, Chocolate mint, Pineapple mint, Lemon Balm, Stevia Plants already :watering Then some wonderful suggestions of others to start or find :woot

:happy_flower Karan :D

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well I just have to arrange things to get a sense of how I should work with them. So this evening as soon as I got home here is what I did.

I wonder if I should have put the plants in it just to see. I will tomorrow. I am thinking of maybe painting it an lighter shade of tan like a sand and accenting the knobs and molding with ???? green ??? or Burgundy??? Rusty Orange??? I don't know any suggestions??

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh I just believe my Tea garden is serendipituos :clap

This morning someone calls into the office ( I work at the County Sheriff's Office as Secretarty) and says they found a suitcase along side the highway. So Chef Deputy goes and picks it up brings it in and procedes to open it. Then asks which side is the top, :/ "the smaller side" :rolleyes: anyway he peeks in it and says , it's full of glass,,,, and he has it on it's edge at the floor :barnie So I take it and place it flat bottom side down on the counter. Open it and :ep 6 white old china plates, a small green planter, a duck planter, and 2 old brown tea pots (no lids ) :clap :clap :lol: Well I said I will put note of date found pack and wrap the china in a box and put in storage hold.
If no one calls for it in a few weeks,,,
well I guess I got my tea pot and china :woot

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Way to go Karen.... SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you should accent those drawers with burgandy.... AND add some old accented knobs.... look on craigslist for old knobs!!!

Can't wait for you to get those china pieces.... ;)

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No way, you are really going to town! LOL It is fun to see someone else's creative process at work. I like the idea of adding little tea cups and tea pots, etc. I'm sure you will find just the right combination to make it super cute. Oh, I like both the idea of green or burgundy knobs, so you will have to decide that for yourself. How fun!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks gals this is becoming quite an exciting journey :ya :weee
I just can't wait to get home and start :woot

:bun :bun :throw :throw

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well DH helped me get my drawers put together for my Tea Garden bed. :woot
So here are a few photos of our progress ;;;

Sunday night after we finished the mulching of the gardens area.

Tonight DH helped me finish putting it together.

And here is how it is now. Well it is on it's way :woot
Still got some work to do yet before the plants are added.

I love it when things fall into place :throw