Post Your Favorite Crock Pot Recipes

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good tip about the mushrooms. I have some and will add them to it. But I plan to use only half a stick of butter. I don't think it would make that much of a difference in taste.

Mary

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
OMG roast was so GOOD. I did go to supermarket and get package ranch. I could not believe I made some thing so delicious. What was really good that i added was mushrooms, had to be all that butter !!!:drool

hopefully you saved the juice so you can make french dip sandwiches this weekend...

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have my roast in the crock pot and my kitchen is starting to smell so good. I added mushrooms per Nyboy's tip. Used my husbands favorite, s h i s h i t o peppers instead of the pepperochinis. I think I'll make some cheddar biscuits to go with it.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well the roast was delicious! I think next time I will omit the butter :hide. There is so much flavor that I don't think it needs it. Plus, I'm not sure that buttery taste went that well with the meat. Instead, I will add 1/4 cup red wine and definitely tons of mushrooms.

I also made mashed potatoes and gravy and those cheddar biscuits were divine. Overall, a really great, easy, delicious meal. This would be great to do at the cabin when I have guests. Thank you Major for your recipe!

Mary