Purple banana peppers.... What the heck?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you ever seen the menu for Cheesecake factory it is a small book. You know they dont have all the ingredients fresh, frozen food microwaved to order
What???? Now I have to go cancel the order I never placed....oh the misery of it all.....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
just like sees candy. the grandparents would always send us kids boxes of their chocolates a couple times a year. back when sees was a cali operation they used all the good stuff, of course now being a global operation their chocolates just dont taste the same,,,with all those fillers and extenders.... do like a good truffle now and then....

https://www.sees.com/

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Unless you have an Italian community close, Italian food in Midwest is under whelming. Pasta over cooked, sauce lacks spices, etc, etc, etc... people here think Olive Garden is Italian.... might as well buy canned chef boyardee.
We do have some genuine Italian non-chain places around here. At least 2 that I know of that are ran almost explicitly by the family that owns them. Now THEY have some fantastic food! But y'all are right about chains..... I typically cook at home but we don't have a smoker so we normally go for Chinese (couple authentic places around here) or one of the small town barbecue joints around here.

Side note. I just learned that chickweed is an herb with medicinal purposes! Cool.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
We do have some genuine Italian non-chain places around here. At least 2 that I know of that are ran almost explicitly by the family that owns them. Now THEY have some fantastic food! But y'all are right about chains..... I typically cook at home but we don't have a smoker so we normally go for Chinese (couple authentic places around here) or one of the small town barbecue joints around here.

Side note. I just learned that chickweed is an herb with medicinal purposes! Cool.

what the ???? you dont have a smoker ????? you a vegetarian ???????
you not southern if you dont own a smoker....
:lol::lol::lol:

MatthewsHomestead

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I know tell me about it!!! We HAD one. Didn't like it..... It was electric. We've focused so much on our hobby farm..... I DO have great canning supplies! The hubbs springed for an All American pressure canner and his grandma passed down her water bath pot and supplies to me..... And I have a Nesco dehydrator for fruit candies and jerky and dried fruit chips! :D

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
just like sees candy. the grandparents would always send us kids boxes of their chocolates a couple times a year. back when sees was a cali operation they used all the good stuff, of course now being a global operation their chocolates just dont taste the same,,,with all those fillers and extenders.... do like a good truffle now and then....

https://www.sees.com/

truffles are easy to make Major, just find a good chocolate supplier and that's 99% of the critical ingredient IMO. whatever other flavorings and good heavy cream/whipping cream. Trader Joes carries very good Belgian chocolate for a reasonable price.

Latest posts