Put in a pond?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy I had to look up Blanding turtles. I like their bright yellow under color. It's awesome that you are helping them survive in their natural habitat.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have to stay off this thread. I have to keep from digging a pond. I have to save my pennies for a play scape and a pool. I miss my pond at the old house.

Seriously I'm happy to help anyway I can and live vicariously through the ponds on this thread.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a 3k pond. It's a lot of work during spring/fall clean-out and weekly water changes. That is if you want to see your fish and not just have a water/plant pond. But a big pond is nice, I can hop in there and paddle around on crazy hot days, fish think I'm nuts, but w/e! :D

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Forgot to mention those folks who have a pond big enough should REALLY look for a white butterfly koi.

Was picking up cat food and saw the koi for sale in a large aquarium. I've seen butterfly Koi before but never a white one. I was captivated. It looked like a white aquatic angel swimming there.

Needless to say I keep looking at my yard for where I can put a pond in after I get the kid fun stuff in.

For those of you wondering what Im talking about here ya go
https://www.google.com/search?q=but...tOWqAb4t4CYBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=379

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, that makes a person drool, doesn't it? I hadn't thought about how a white butterfly koi would look, but it is really cool. I bet you will be able to have another pond one of these days, Jared. First things first. :thumbsup

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Jared77, did you manage to catch their price? I was looking at koi the other day. Some were smaller with smaller prices, some were huge with prices in the double digits, all were beautiful, but there was one container of wee, tiny butterfly koi with the price of $75 each on it. And these weren't necessarily white.

I kept looking to see if someone had changed the price tags, but I don't think so. I didn't ask about the price. I just decided I liked my goldfish even more.

Latest posts