Rhubarb

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for link. Anyone try rhubarb pickles?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
My wife brought back a rhubarb cookbook from Alaska last fall. Dozens of recipes ! :drool ... " Every which way with Rhubarb " Recipes and Illustrations by Amanda Brannon , 2010 , Big Rock Press. Eagle River, Alaska. www.bigrockpress.com

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is oddest way anyone has eaten rhubarb and liked it-not tolerated but liked?

TReeves

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Salsa. My great grandmother used to make rhubarb salsa. She would put it over pork chops.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know if it is an odd way but, maybe so; it just didn't taste odd to me.

Feb 3 2014 - Rhu-be-que Sauce

This was a fair amount like a Worcestershire sauce, which was one of the ingredients. Very good ..!

Maybe it was odd since I didn't find it, or something like it, in that rhubarb-only site, Red linked. Steven Raichlen has a rhubarb barbeque sauce recipe, but, it's really quite different.

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know if it is an odd way but, maybe so; it just didn't taste odd to me.

Feb 3 2014 - Rhu-be-que Sauce

This was a fair amount like a Worcestershire sauce, which was one of the ingredients. Very good ..!

Maybe it was odd since I didn't find it, or something like it, in that rhubarb-only site, Red linked. Steven Raichlen has a rhubarb barbeque sauce recipe, but, it's really quite different.

Steve
Is this can able?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm not a canner, @seedcorn . But, I don't see why not.

The allrecipe.com makes 4 cups of sauce. One cup of vinegar is on the ingredient list.

The photo that accompanies the recipe isn't so great for a non-canner ;). It sure looks like he canned that sauce. I just read the reviews. Two of the people said that they were canning it.

Steve

Latest posts