ROSEMARY

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, this Thanksgiving my son made the turkey. Instead of the rack, he placed the turkey on top of a bedding of veggies with rosemary sprigs. I would never have thought to use rosemary on turkey but boy was it good. It also made the gravy taste amazing! Very deep flavor.

Mary

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Theresa likes to use rosemary in cooking, but I am not all that fond of it; I must admit though that I like the smell of the plant. We grow it in a pot outdoors on the deck in the summer and indoors in the winter. The plant is in well draining soil and gets indirect lighting, but rarely fed. When it gets large, we simply cut it back and let it recover. When I was into bonsai, I had a rosemary bonsai, being woody it makes for a good bonsai candidate.
jackb

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hash marks on a post-it note, stuck on the dryer with a pencil nearby.

Nothing to it, GWR. Take that research in hand and squeeze the sense outta it ...

;) No, you go ahead and set your own priorities :).

We have something that's now called "muscle memory." It's like walking or riding a bike - we aren't supposed to forget it. The memory is part of movements. Yes, I think you are onto something. The interruption, catching our attention, perhaps just a brief distraction.

The tree branch that knocks our hat into the roadside puddle and we careen off while looking over our shoulder, crashing into the neighbor's fence. Or, the little flock of goldfinches in the bushes along the river and we lose two hours sitting on the grass, waking almost as if from a dream.

It may all become something of a dream without, perhaps, the routine. The hash marks for the dryer loads. The goldfinch lighting on our handlebars ... and, both delighting and embarrassing us for idleness, as we lie in the grass.

Steve

I think you are right about setting my own priorities. I went slow with my morning routine and I did what I wanted and I did not let anybody hurry me. I felt better. Later, I had to make phone calls about insurance and people were calling me about DH's appointments. I was talking to a secretary at one office and then realized I was talking about a different doctor. It is an odd feeling. Like my mind drifted and then I caught myself, but felt there was a gap, like I lost a few seconds, like a dream. I don't know, but I know it is stress. It happened with DH in the room again. I think I am concentrating on him so much when he is in the room. There are so many things wrong with him that it is upsetting me. He is in pain and I worry if he is going to have a seizure. He will have a brain MRI on Monday and I think when I know what is going on I will be better. I cannot tell if he is acting odd because of tumors, medication or pain. If I drive the car with DS then I do not have any trouble, but if DH is in the car, I will turn down the wrong street, drive right past driveways I need to turn into. :oops:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are all there with you.

It's either that we are all passengers or we are all crew.

There are dependencies, greater or lesser. We persevere through to other days and we preserve what is there today, with care :hugs.

Steve

Latest posts