Scammers

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm a very strange thing happening here.

As I went too log into my cash account yesterday I was already signed in, i was a little worried but comforted myself thinking I may have forgotten too sign out :oops:, which is not normally a thing I do. So I signed out and attempted too sign in again but it gave me a message that I had not given my correct information. Now I'm seriously concerned so I called the company and they reset my password.

A member of staff told me on a previous conversation I was signed in but I wasn't when I checked.

I have been waiting for a refund for about half of the amount of what was paid too a certain company, hence I was looking through my account too see if it had been returned.
The money hadn't been returned even though I've received an email stating the amount I would be receiving. I've checked my bank and my cash account and no one can find this payment that I initially paid?

I was questioned about my email by this company (what business that is of theirs is beyond me) plus I was told yesterday an amount of money was going through, by my cash account services but it would take a few days, today I'm told it's been declined or cancelled?

Today I received a check from this company using my email name and not my legal name?.

My account customer service is perplexed (as am i ) as to why this refund is not showing and why they haven't returned my money through the normal channels.

A few days ago I came in here and my phone completely cut off for ages, I'm starting to really feel my privacy is seriously being compromised and very worried I'm being Hacked
:rolleyes:

@baymule

Have you ever been hacked

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Scamming is a lucrative business and it isn't only online. I was shocked too find that even people that have bought a house or even paid for lease's on properties are not receiving their documentation via their solicitors.

There's a case or cases happening here with soical Housing that have promised their tenants that repairs and replacements are due this year but nothing is being arranged and because a paid for lease without this document it looks like they have got away with their obligations yet again. A second time within a matter of months

On looking into property purchases further I was really sad too see this is going on all over this country. In some cases councils have even claimed these properties back.

Hence another form of scamming but done in almost a legal way.

john

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Scary - I hope that incident was reported to the PO, and that they had surveillance cameras to pick up the vehicle. Not sure what criminals might want with PO waste, but a lot of packages being mailed out right now. Receipts with tracking data, as well as Money Order receipts, could be in the trash.

Phone scams are in high gear here. "Vehicle recalls", Social Security scams, fake "Microsoft Customer Service" calls (with heavy Indo-Asian accent). Constant robo calls, usually just as we are eating dinner. It has gotten to the point where DW & I don't even get up to answer the phone any more... anyone we know will follow a non-answer by calling our cell numbers.
I get that all the time. My TV shows the phone #'s of who's calling and now shows what they think is a scammer. I never answer the phone during the day if its that important they leave a message.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee in hand, supplies at the ready, Alice settles in, waiting for the first telemarketer to call.
ztele.png

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF you want to drive scammers crazy, talk nonsense to them as time is $$ for them.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nearly all of the phone scams now (except the never-ending automobile warranty scams) are robo-calls... so if I were to answer, there would be no one there to harass. Thankfully the robo-calls almost never leave messages - for the present. The only one which does leave a message is the persistent "you have purchased _____ at Amazon, for ($$$$), call (###-###-####) to cancel". I expect the fake IRS calls to resume any time now. :rolleyes:

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had some obviously from India call me on an IRS scam while I was in Walmart a couple years ago. Funny thing is, he wanted me to give him my name and case number to verify who I was.
Me: You called me. Shouldnt you already know who I am?
Him: This is very serious. We will send the police to arrest you. You owe alot of money.
Me:. Im in Walmart. Come get me.
Him: ............dial tone.
🙄:th

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The really annoying thing is that a lot of the legitamate companies outsource to India as well, so simply saying "If the person sounds Indian, it's a scam." doesn't work.

A month or so ago, my Dad got a call for me from my credit card company and was prepared to assume it was a scam and hang up. Luckily I caught it, and it turned out to be a legit call (I had just ordered some seeds from Germany, and had forgotten that the credit card company AUTOMATICALLY calls you if it detects your card being used outside the country.) So there I am, on the phone trying to confirm my identity (basically, the problem I was having was that they now confirm your identity by sending a conformation text to the phone number registered with the card, which in our case is our land line, which can't receive texts.) with my dad is next to me yelling at me that it's a scam and I need to hang up! I was sheer luck that I managed to get the thing ironed out at all (they can confirm via the account you paid your last bill from, but you need the last SIX digits of your account, and I only have the last four memorized [since that is all that is needed for paying on the phone. Luckily I happened to have just been to the bank so I had my checkbook with me in the room, which I normally wouldn't [Ever since I went to phone paying, I'm not sure I have written ANY checks in the last 5 years])

Latest posts