Seed Hoarders Anonymous

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 70 of the cans will be increased 3 fold so each segregation gets its own can.

The socks have mostly peas and corn seed.

The plastic boxes have lots of vegetable seeds.

The 5 gallon buckets???

They are filled with the coffee! And I'm going to be filling about 3 more 5 gallon buckets with coffee...

100_5127.JPG

100_5128.JPG

100_5129.JPG

100_5130.JPG

100_5131.JPG

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshal, I hate to state the obvious, but wouldn't it be more economical to buy empty containers, than to buy coffee and have it get stale before you use it?
I don't think of myself as a pill head, in general, but I do have lots of prescription bottles I have saved over the years. They are great for saving seed, and easily labeled.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall - maybe you aught to be sending a little bag of coffee with all the packages of beans?????
sHa_hehe.gif

I am amazed by all that yall have collected. I've got .. maybe a double handfull of seed packets. They're in a basket in the spare room with the seed starting stuff.
<- seed hoarding failure!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
@so lucky and @canesisters , I've been considering both those ideas!

There is actually a place in Santa Rosa, about 90 road miles from here, called Tap Plastics that makes things like that, not sure specifically, but having about a thousand little plastic 4 ounce jars with lids would really be the way to go. I'd also be able to put about 3 times as many on each shelf, and also be able to do twice as many shelves per set of shelves. The shelves on the 2 big ones are adjustable with those little bracket thingies.

Yea, I might just do that!

Where last year's single 5 gallon bucket of coffee lasted until mid August, 3 or 4 months, having 5 of them would be, 3.5 X 5 = 17.5 months worth of coffee! Dang, that's about a year and a half worth of coffee!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm, unless maybe I open up a COFFEE STAND during BOAT BABE BIKINI season... hmmmmmm, and I could specialize in applying sun tan lotion while they drink their coffee...

Oh shoot, that's just my coffee babbling now...

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are you sure coffee is the beverage of choice during BBB season? You might need to think on that a bit.

I bake my own bread and use the yeast in the little brown jars. Over the years I've collected a lot of those. Those work pretty well for most of my seeds. I've also saved some larger glass jars and lids that work for larger stuff, but those brown yeast jars are the backbone of my seed saving.

For beans, I usually store them in zip-loc's in the freezer.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You read it right!

That is exactly how Hal spelled it on the packet I got. Made me curious too.

I like iced coffee. Remind me of that recipe when it starts to get hot and the boatbabes begin coming to the lake.

What should I name that iced coffee?

Latest posts